• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Six reasons as 2 why India will win the cup!!

HowsThat

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Hi guys,
I'm confident that this time around India will not only reach the final of the cup just like last time around but will also win it, i have several reasons for it.

1, They have the best batting lineup in the world.Guys like Sehwag can be made 2 sit out coz India has blasters liek Uthappa.In contrast Australia seems 2 struggle in the absence of Symonds!What greg seems 2 have done for India, is that by experimenting all these years he seems 2 have found out a replacement player for every position!!

2 They have 2 world class wicketkeeper batsmen in Dhoni and Karthik, most team struugles 2 find one, but India is blessed with 2!! Both of whome are good enough 2 play as just a batsmen!!!

3 They have the best and most varied bowling combination of pace and spin.From the deadly rt hand bowling of Munaf and Sree 2 the awesome left arm swing bowling of Zaheer Khan, the king spin duo of Kumble and Harbhajan.Australia has awesome pace bowling too, but don't have good spinners.SA doesn't have a spinner atall, though has good pacers.

4 The best lower order big hitters in Pathan & Dhoni.

5 Vital experiance of playing world cup by class players like Dada, Tendulkar, Yuvraj, Harbhajan,Dravid, Zaheer and Kumble etc.

6 They have the service of the best brain in the history of game in Greg Chappel, Chappel's input will help the team to emerge out as WC champs.

My 15 member World Champion 2007 Squad would be

Uthappa
Ganguly
Dravid
Tendulkar
Yuvraj
Karthk
Dhoni
Munaf
Khan
Kumble
Harbhajan

Ajit
Pathan
Sehwag
Sreesanth

Salamuddin

International Debutant
6 They have the service of the best brain in the history of game in Greg Chappel, Chappel's input will help the team to emerge out as WC champs.
The whole post lost any semblance of sense after that ( if it had any before).
Greg Chappell is an absolute JOKE of a coach...the Indians should do themselves a favour and hire someone who actually knows about coaching after they get bundled out of the world cup.

Oh and have the guts to sack overrated Tendulkar as well !!!!

LA ICE-E

State Captain
hopefully nether india or australia will win the cup. they both got 1st and 2nd last time someone like SA or new zland should win

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The thread title is hilarious.

He actually typed out the number "six" with letters where it would have been perfectly acceptable (although not preferable to me) to put a number there, but then used "2" to replace the word "to." Where's the consistency? That's all I ask of someone's forum typing - oh and that they don't use rogue apostrophes.

jammay123

State 12th Man
six reasons india wont win the world cup
1. england
2.england
3.england
4.england
5.england
6. they are crap

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Oh and have the guts to sack overrated Tendulkar as well !!!!
1. he is one of the greatest batsmen ever in one day history, no way is he overrated
2. really bad timing with the sacking suggestion, just when he has come out of a prolonged slump and batted himself into reasonably good form....

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
2 They have 2 world class wicketkeeper batsmen in Dhoni and Karthik, most team struugles 2 find one, but India is blessed with 2!! Both of whome are good enough 2 play as just a batsmen!!!

Since when has Karthik been a 'world class' wicket keeper? Even Dhoni can't be classed as one yet.

And Pathan has to do a lot of hitting to make up for the fact he can't bowl, and Mike Hussey may have something to say about that mantle being given to Pathan/Dhoni.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The thread title is hilarious.

He actually typed out the number "six" with letters where it would have been perfectly acceptable (although not preferable to me) to put a number there, but then used "2" to replace the word "to." Where's the consistency? That's all I ask of someone's forum typing - oh and that they don't use rogue apostrophes.
:lol:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hi guys,
I'm confident that this time around India will not only reach the final of the cup just like last time around but will also win it, i have several reasons for it.

1, They have the best batting lineup in the world.Guys like Sehwag can be made 2 sit out coz India has blasters liek Uthappa.In contrast Australia seems 2 struggle in the absence of Symonds!What greg seems 2 have done for India, is that by experimenting all these years he seems 2 have found out a replacement player for every position!!
Maybe they have the best batting line-up on paper, but really it's not that good. Tendulkar, Dravid and Yuvraj are all class acts but guys like Sehwag, Uthappa, Karthik are definately not.

\\

Neither is a "world class" wicket keeper batsmen although Dhoni is getting close. The idea of playing Karthik as a pure batsmen is ridiculous in my eyes.

3 They have the best and most varied bowling combination of pace and spin.From the deadly rt hand bowling of Munaf and Sree 2 the awesome left arm swing bowling of Zaheer Khan, the king spin duo of Kumble and Harbhajan.Australia has awesome pace bowling too, but don't have good spinners.SA doesn't have a spinner atall, though has good pacers.
Australia have Brad Hogg and South Africa don't really need a spinner.

Oram and McCullum? Hussey? Afridi and Razzaq?

5 Vital experiance of playing world cup by class players like Dada, Tendulkar, Yuvraj, Harbhajan,Dravid, Zaheer and Kumble etc.
That's a very fair point, India do have a nice mix of experience and youth.

Blowing his horn a bit there aren't you?

pup11

International Coach
This is really a joke india is the most unsettled team in world cricket at the moment, the players in the team hardly know what role they are expected to play and you give me all this crap. They gave chances to so many young player who they expected to replace the old pros but in the end they are virtually going with the same squad that they took for 03 world cup.