• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Six reasons as 2 why India will win the cup!!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
But more unsettled than India.

Not to forget, obviously, that Pakistan are unsettled 99% of the time and have been for the last 20 years at least.

pasag

RTDAS
Yeah, I think Pakistan have learnt to deal with all the surrounding dramas pretty well (on the field)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
How on Earth are India unsettled?

They knew exactly what formula they wanted from ages ago through experimentation (good and bad) over the past 18 months. The only issues are Sehwag and Irfan really.

They always knew they wanted two spinners, they wanted a backup keeper and the batsman pick themselves really. You can accuse the Indian team of many things, but I reckon they've known what they wanted for the WC squad for ages now.

pup11

International Coach
India is unsettled in terms that no player in their side knows where he has got to bat or in what way he has got to bat or what role he needs to play in the side. Other teams are unsettled due to players not being in form or being injured but in India's case this is not the problem.

Steulen

International Regular
* ODI-class teams.
Unsettled and crap are two completely different terms, Richard.

Neither of the "ODI-class" teams is unsettled atm, with the possible exception of Bermuda.

Come to think of it, neither of them is crap, with the definite exception of Bermuda.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
How on Earth are India unsettled?

They knew exactly what formula they wanted from ages ago through experimentation (good and bad) over the past 18 months. The only issues are Sehwag and Irfan really.

They always knew they wanted two spinners, they wanted a backup keeper and the batsman pick themselves really. You can accuse the Indian team of many things, but I reckon they've known what they wanted for the WC squad for ages now.
I think they've only just decided that they want Ganguly again and that Tendulkar should bat in the middle.

Both good things, I add, but I don't think it's been an idea for any more than a couple of months.

And it's a good thing Ganguly has hit form instantly otherwise that, too, would be muddy waters.

Even now they're still putting Tendulkar at three when he's never scored a run there!

Why don't they just go Ganguly, Sehwag\Uthappa, Dravid, Tendulkar, Yuvraj?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Unsettled and crap are two completely different terms, Richard.

Neither of the "ODI-class" teams is unsettled atm, with the possible exception of Bermuda.

Come to think of it, neither of them is crap, with the definite exception of Bermuda.
There are 8 ODI-class teams, not 2.

The point I was making was I don't really care too much about crap teams, whether they're unsettled or settled.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You said "neither of the ODI-class teams".

I said "there are more than 2 ODI-class teams".

Can't really exemplify further than that.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Sorry for the yawn smilie btw...how's the twins? :evil:
They're good :). Sleeping in the living room but I'm sure they'll wake very soon for a feed. Nonetheless, they are sleeping fairly well at night, no doubt saving the bad nights for my return to work in seven days.

No need to apologise for the yawn btw :p

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I think they've only just decided that they want Ganguly again and that Tendulkar should bat in the middle.

Both good things, I add, but I don't think it's been an idea for any more than a couple of months.

And it's a good thing Ganguly has hit form instantly otherwise that, too, would be muddy waters.

Even now they're still putting Tendulkar at three when he's never scored a run there!

Why don't they just go Ganguly, Sehwag\Uthappa, Dravid, Tendulkar, Yuvraj?
Because Dravid is better at 5, and Yuvraj is better in the top 4.

Tendulkar at 3 works considering that if a wicket falls early (say the inexperienced Uthappa), the greatest ODI opening batsman walks to the crease.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
But Tendulkar averages 11 at three (or sumate like that)!

And even if he did average, say, 34, personally I'd still prefer Dravid-Tendulkar-Yuvraj. IMO Yuvraj has done more than enough to show he can bat five or even six, and Dravid and Tendulkar are the best 2 players so should IMO bat above him.