• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your team's squad of 15 for the world cup.

pup11

International Coach
Sehwag is the classic example for one and all why batting technique is so god damn important.
He is a classic case of a bowler working over a batsman's weakness and again and again exploiting it, and its a pity sehwag has not been able to overcome his weakness like most good batsmen do.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
You mean doubts about Mills fitness or form?

I would love nothing more than for Chris Harris to go but can't see it really
Fitness - based on the cricinfo article I read 10 minutes ago. ;)

Agreed regarding Harris though I highly doubt that.

Fiery

Banned
Last edited:

Fiery

Banned
Fitness - based on the cricinfo article I read 10 minutes ago. ;)

Agreed regarding Harris though I highly doubt that.
Thanks, just read the Mills article. A shame but probably best to leave him out if he's not going to have a chance to have a decent build-up to the cup

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Thanks, just read the Mills article. A shame but probably best to leave him out if he's not going to have a chance to have a decent build-up to the cup
Agreed - though a big loss if he is ruled out, I feel an opening combination of Mills and Bond followed by Oram, Patel and Vettori is our best chance of tasting success.

Fiery

Banned
Agreed - though a big loss if he is ruled out, I feel an opening combination of Mills and Bond followed by Oram, Patel and Vettori is our best chance of tasting success.
Do you think we'll go with twin-spin over there?

pup11

International Coach
Sinclair and harris play spin pretty well can't say the same about fulton or adams ATM, spin friendly conditions are going to prevail in west indies where as the match keeps progressing the pitch keeps getting slower and lower. The conditions are going to be more or less like the sub-continent, so the asian teams and their spinners especially are really going to be dangerous on such tracks.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Do you think we'll go with twin-spin over there?
I doubt we will start the tournament with two spinners but come the super eights I think that may be the case - just a hunch though with Bracewell in charge I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't eventuate.

Fiery

Banned
I doubt we will start the tournament with two spinners but come the super eights I think that may be the case - just a hunch though with Bracewell in charge I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't eventuate.
It's a sound idea because both are quality stranglers

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
It's a sound idea because both are quality stranglers
Bring Styris into the equation too now. With a few early wickets teams could find the going very tough in the middle overs against us; providing, of course, that we do get those early wickets.

pup11

International Coach
The latest i heard about symo is that ponting is willing to take a "punt" with Symond's selection for the world cup. He just commented that even if symo gets fit to play by the super 8 stage its fine with him, but there is a good chance even if he is fit to bat, with the ball and in the field he couldn't be effective as he usually is.

Fiery

Banned
Bring Styris into the equation too now. With a few early wickets teams could find the going very tough in the middle overs against us; providing, of course, that we do get those early wickets.
That's where I think Harry could still have a role to play and his Twenty20 batting has been sensational this year

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
My Pakistan 15 to the WC

1)Mohammed Hafeez
2)Shahid Afridi
3)Younis Khan
4)Mohammed Yousuf
5)Inzamam ul-Haq
6)Shoaib Malik
7)Abdur Razzaq
8)Kamran Akmal
9)Shoaib Akthar
10)Umar Gul
11)Mohammed Asif

12)Rana Naved ul-Hasan
13)Yasir Hameed
14)Abdur Rehman
15)Imran Nazir

Fiery

Banned
My Pakistan 15 to the WC

1)Mohammed Hafeez
2)Shahid Afridi
3)Younis Khan
4)Mohammed Yousuf
5)Inzamam ul-Haq
6)Shoaib Malik
7)Abdur Razzaq
8)Kamran Akmal
9)Shoaib Akthar
10)Umar Gul
11)Mohammed Asif

12)Rana Naved ul-Hasan
13)Yasir Hameed
14)Abdur Rehman
15)Imran Nazir
Boy, after last night's performance.....

howardj

International Coach
Australia's squad is actually chosen on Thursday (and then announced next Tuesday).

Hayden
Gilchrist
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Hodge
Watson
Hogg
Lee
Bracken
McGrath

- Tait