Thread: UK TV and radio coverage of the CWC

Cricket Web Staff Member stumpski's Avatar

UK TV and radio coverage of the CWC

I've been wondering, does anyone know whether Test Match Special and Five Live Sports Extra will be providing commentary on non-England matches? Or will it just be England + semi-finals + final? Because I sometimes get the impression that the Beeb doesn't think anyone in England is interested in any matches involving other sides.

I suppose Ireland/Scotland will also get a look in this time. And I did hear that BBC2 is showing late-night highlights as they did for the Ashes. How will that work, given that day-night matches will be going on past 11 p.m. in England anyway? I could get Sky of course, but I certainly couldn't monopolise the living room TV every evening for 6 or 7 weeks.

I did e-mail 5LSE asking if they could outline their plans, but haven't yet had a reply.

I very much doubt they will cover every game, though theyre bound to cover the later rounds whether england make it or not. Im suprised that sky are not showing every game actually. In the past they used to show 2 games on 2 different chanels, or atleast have the good old "red Button". But it looks like theyre just picking 1 game and televising that.

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Where've you got the info about lacking red buttons on SKY?

They're doing that at the moment with WI-India and SA-Pak, so why wouldn't they in the World Cup?
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup View Post
    Where've you got the info about lacking red buttons on SKY?

They're doing that at the moment with WI-India and SA-Pak, so why wouldn't they in the World Cup?
    I didnt say that, i sed it looks like theyre only going to show one game and not even use the red button system for the other game (dont take it as gospel but most places only list 1 game a day). I hate the red button thing coz i have cable and you cant use it on that. Why cant we just have it on 2 seperate channels, i mean, theres ussually only sailing or tenpin bowling on SSX anyway! Theres 4 whole channels!

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    I haven't seen any WC scheduling at all anywhere, even on the SKY site let alone listings

I haven't seen any WC scheduling at all anywhere, even on the SKY site let alone listings
    Cant find the link to where i saw it now! But i do hope they give us the option to watch both games. Not that il get the chance prob as i live in a house full of cricket haters!

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    All I've seen so far is a Caribbean Idyll, a few snippets of commentary and a Trinidadian accent saying "coming soon on Sky Sports... the Cricket World Cup..." or summat along those lines...
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Thread Information