• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

UK TV and radio coverage of the CWC

stumpski

International Captain
I've been wondering, does anyone know whether Test Match Special and Five Live Sports Extra will be providing commentary on non-England matches? Or will it just be England + semi-finals + final? Because I sometimes get the impression that the Beeb doesn't think anyone in England is interested in any matches involving other sides.

I suppose Ireland/Scotland will also get a look in this time. And I did hear that BBC2 is showing late-night highlights as they did for the Ashes. How will that work, given that day-night matches will be going on past 11 p.m. in England anyway? I could get Sky of course, but I certainly couldn't monopolise the living room TV every evening for 6 or 7 weeks.

I did e-mail 5LSE asking if they could outline their plans, but haven't yet had a reply.

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
I very much doubt they will cover every game, though theyre bound to cover the later rounds whether england make it or not. Im suprised that sky are not showing every game actually. In the past they used to show 2 games on 2 different chanels, or atleast have the good old "red Button". But it looks like theyre just picking 1 game and televising that.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Where've you got the info about lacking red buttons on SKY?

They're doing that at the moment with WI-India and SA-Pak, so why wouldn't they in the World Cup?

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
Where've you got the info about lacking red buttons on SKY?

They're doing that at the moment with WI-India and SA-Pak, so why wouldn't they in the World Cup?
I didnt say that, i sed it looks like theyre only going to show one game and not even use the red button system for the other game (dont take it as gospel but most places only list 1 game a day). I hate the red button thing coz i have cable and you cant use it on that. Why cant we just have it on 2 seperate channels, i mean, theres ussually only sailing or tenpin bowling on SSX anyway! Theres 4 whole channels!

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
I haven't seen any WC scheduling at all anywhere, even on the SKY site let alone listings
Cant find the link to where i saw it now! But i do hope they give us the option to watch both games. Not that il get the chance prob as i live in a house full of cricket haters!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I haven't seen any WC scheduling at all anywhere, even on the SKY site let alone listings
All I've seen so far is a Caribbean Idyll, a few snippets of commentary and a Trinidadian accent saying "coming soon on Sky Sports... the Cricket World Cup..." or summat along those lines...