• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should Super 8 be divided into two groups?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
whats the point of giving fines if the board isn't going to suffer for it? its like saying ok you do this then your punishment if you will pay us x amount of $$$s but then when you pay them you mom gives you the money back? how will that be a punishment? you get a ticket for driving, you should pay for it not you mommy or your just a spoiled brat. so icc isn't going to get them out of it WI will get them selves out of it cause they aint a spoiled board. icc is just helping them out little bit. hope the mommy examples helps you get it to prospective lol
No, it won't, it just takes it completely and utterly out of perspective because it's such a terrible metaphor.

If I$C$C had any sense over what was good for the game, it would have invested in West Indies cricket. But we know that, for the most part, they don't have said sense.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
what you want me to do? i don't want to explain everything over and over again. you just dont take any thing in and just put out points that have been dismissed already. you refuse to understand any thing and so im just not going to go into the never ending cycle

LA ICE-E

State Captain
exactly have to go in a cycle explaining the same thing but you still just don't get it so im not going to repeat it anymore. cause you just dont get the easiest of things

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That's because what you want "getting" isn't there to "get".

Things are not the way you paint them.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
no bottom line is you cant always have someone have your back, although icc does have the WI boards back somewhat(not much). i dont paint ****, i know the facts(for the most part), its real life. you wont always have someone to pick you up and so WI have to pick themselves up. and you do agree that it is the WI boards fault getting into that hole

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Except that The WICB do have someone who could pick them up, if that organisation got their priorities straight.

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
Have to say i agree with richard here. The current test nations should be their priority. And there is a lot to worry about in the west indies, especially the threat from baseball and basketball. The minnows should still get funding, but it shouldnt just be a handout. The boards should coordinate exactly where the money is to be spent. And countries with a good domestic structure and not just expats (eg not Canada) should get the vast majority of that money.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
no i think everyone should get a share but its the ones who are spreading cricket more should get extra $$$

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
No. The Super eight is the nearest we can get to the 1992 format - and IMO that tournament was superior to the World Cups since. With this format the best four teams will get to SF - no Kenya getting in by beating one good team as in 2003.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
they could still get in by beating one good team....but instead of super 8 why not a quarter final? just a thought dont get all aggresive.