• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How will the super 8's work

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
uhhh the fortiet alone didn't get them there....that's just one game...they beat sri lanka didn't they....never heard anything about food poisoning....
No? You might need to get your facts straight, then. The Sri Lankan side that lost to them had about 2\3s of the squad suffering from food-poisoning.
in every tournament teams get outclassed not a new thing....you need to get your facts straight....
Err, you need to get your head straight, too... "in every tournament teams get outclassed not a new thing" - exactly, that's why such teams should have the outclassing done in a preliminary round.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
uh the group state is the preliminary round for the world cup and plus there were preliminary tournaments for the world cup to get to this so just be quiet support the minnow....so what happened when kenya beat the west indies in 96 did they have a fever?

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
uh the group state is the preliminary round for the world cup and plus there were preliminary tournaments for the world cup to get to this so just be quite support the minnow....
Quite support the minnow?

I'll "quite" support whoever I want.
so what happened when kenya beat the west indies in 96 did they have a fever?
Dono.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
According to the ICC's website the fixtures have nothing to do with where you finish in the group. Assuming the Top eight go through, they have been given a letter and a number that will not change regardless of where thye finish in the group:
Australia - A1
SA - A2
SL - B1
India - B2
NZ - C1
England - C2
Pakistan - D1
WI - D2
Even if, say SA won Group A they would still be A2 - same as all the other groups. If say Scotland knocked out Australia (and pigs flew, and the cow jumped over the moon!):laugh: Scotland would become A1. I must admit I didn't know this until a friend in SA phoned me to say SA would be A2 if they qualified wether they won the group or not. I suppose the advantage is fans will know where their country wil play in the Super 8s (if they get there) wherwas if it was dependent on wether they were 1st or 2nd in the group they wouldn't know till last moment.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
oh. i didn't know that. i was like how are people supose to buy tickets for the super 8 now? but say if like kenya beat england and went on to super8. can the english fans return the tickets or sell it to kenyan fans?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Err, tickets aren't bought for a tournament - any fans foolish enough to buy tickets on an assumption have to pay the price.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Huh what?

There's no ticket that covers the tournament (at least, far as I'm aware), tickets cover only individual games, so you can buy tickets for games you know for certain are on, and those you assume will be on.

If your assumption turns-out incorrect, on your head be it.

That answer your queries?

LA ICE-E

State Captain
no but if your a minnow fan and your team do make it to the super8 can you buy tickets then? how are the tickets sold for later stages?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Aven't a clue.

I'd hardly imagine there are many fans of Canada and Bermuda who want tickets.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
bermuda should have fans cricket is there national sport and for them just making it to the world cup is a big deal...

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
The majority of the Fans will be West Indians, while the majority of the visitors will be English Fans , followed by Indians from India and more importantly North America, followed by Aussies , then other sub continental expatriates from North America one suspects.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
bermuda should have fans cricket is there national sport and for them just making it to the world cup is a big deal...
I wait with interest to see the Bermuda-fan-packed stadiums (cos there sure ain't gonna be a whole heap of SL or Ind fans at said games), then.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
its not going to be packed but it will have some fans there plus it depands on the financial aspect of the countries so if they are rich more will come to their teams games or if they are poor than less will show up + popularity of the sport in the countries.