• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Avatar Challenges

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So this was somewhat of a success in the Ashes forum, so I thought it would be fun if we did it in here. Obviously there's some time to go yet, but as there are ten sides in the WC, as opposed to two in the Ashes, it could be a very interesting thread.

And just to get things going, I'll make my own outrageous offer (see my avatar/signature to see how my last bets went!):

If England do not reach the semis, I will have my avatar showing ANYTHING, to be chosen by the first Australian to respond to this thread

Generous offer if you ask me.

pasag

RTDAS
Haha, *responds*.

I'm also prepared to extend my Flintoff - McGrath wager with Brumby although it may need tweaking seeing as McGrath may play many more games than Freddie.

Also if an Australian is not the leading run scorer for the Cup, I'll put whoever is, in my avatar for a month after all other challenges are met.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
LOL. Well you have plenty of time to decide. Dissection of my posts will probably tell you who I do and don't like, knowing you I'm sure it will be something spectacular!

shortpitched713

International Captain
If Australia win the World Cup, I will change my avatar to one of Ricky Ponting for one year.

Last edited:

Natman20

International Debutant
If England make the finals ill stop posting on this forum :p
If Australia win the cup then my avatar will not change but if another country wins then I will put an image as my avatar to make me look as if im the biggest idiot around (open to suggestions) and claim that also in my sig. This will last for a minumum of 1 month.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
The zebra stripes in my avatar will change to the colours of the team that wins the World Cup, provided it is not Australia.

Dydl

International Debutant
If Australia do not win the World Cup, I will change my avatar to a picture of the star player of the team which wins.

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
If Australia DON'T win the world cup final, i will put a picture of the Australian logo/flag in my avatar.
If the leading wicket taker isn't Australian, i'll put the top Australian wicket taker in my avatar.
^^Same thing with runs.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'm also prepared to extend my Flintoff - McGrath wager with Brumby although it may need tweaking seeing as McGrath may play many more games than Freddie.
Tell you what, I bet Fred score more runs than Pidge in the WC. Deal? ;)

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Willing to change my avatar to the Liverpool badge for 2 months if the West Indies do not make the semis. Also, if England make it to the semis I'll change my avatar to Geraint Jones for a month.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Kevin Pietersen scores more runs than Michael Clarke i'll have any chosen Avatar and a Barmy Army Song or God Save the Queen extract in my signature for that same month, both of which will be chosen by the 1st englishman to respond to this post. However, if Clarke scores more, i get to choose their avatar etc.

note. Should either player get injured, and for this reason are forced to miss matches, the deal is off.

If Nathan Bracken takes more Wickets than Brett Lee i'll have any chosen Bracken picture in my avatar for a month (should i lose the above bet, it will be after that avatar)

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If Kevin Pietersen scores more runs than Michael Clarke i'll have any chosen Avatar and a Barmy Army Song or God Save the Queen extract in my signature for that same month, both of which will be chosen by the 1st englishman to respond to this post. However, if Clarke scores more, i get to choose their avatar etc.

note. Should either player get injured, and for this reason are forced to miss matches, the deal is off.

If Nathan Bracken takes more Wickets than Brett Lee i'll have any chosen Bracken picture in my avatar for a month (should i lose the above bet, it will be after that avatar)
How about "Michael Vaughan's... Barmy Army"? That's their most famous, er, song.

As for avatars, how about the text KP > Pup?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
If Kevin Pietersen scores more runs than Michael Clarke i'll have any chosen Avatar and a Barmy Army Song or God Save the Queen extract in my signature for that same month
If Clapo loses his avatar challenge, I'll put him on my ignore list.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member

I will take this.

Obviously Clarke will play in more games as England will not get far but Im hoping he doesnt get many opportunities.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If England don't lose on penalties, I'll change my avatar to Adam Sanford.

If Australia win the World Cup, I'll change my avatar to a picture of myself, to be chosen by Dan Smith after I supply him with an array of choices.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I will take this.

Obviously Clarke will play in more games as England will not get far but Im hoping he doesnt get many opportunities.
Number of games should be taken into consideration if it's more than 2 innings difference imo.

Steulen

International Regular
The minnow challenge:
If the Dutch batsmen fail to score a single half century between them in their matches against Australia and South Africa, I'll change my avatar to Duncan Fletcher and add to my signature the line: "England: the best cricket team by far". For a whole painful month.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Number of games should be taken into consideration if it's more than 2 innings difference imo.
Nah, Ill take it straight up like a man.

KP to score more runs than Clarke even if Clarke plays 3 more games.