Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup Avatar Challenges

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    If England win a game against a country that actually plays cricket, I'll eat my shorts
    pics??
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Looking forward to an avatar choice on Campsy.

If Watto, Bracks and Jimmy don't average <25 with the ball, I'll cry.... oh, and change my avatar to a picture of Camps. (if he allows it, if not, someone else)
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    You're no England or Duncan Fletcher fan, then?
    It's more my resentment of the supremacist English press hyperbole on the few occasions English teams get it right that would make it painful to have that in my sig.

And no, I don't like Duncan Fletcher. I think he's guilty of unfair treatment of players he dislikes and the total neglect of one of the two teams under his control (i.e., the one-day team).
    President of RTDAS - Ryan ten Doeschate - The Freddie Flintoff of Associate Cricket
    Member of DNAS, ESAS - Dirk Nannes, Edgar Schiferli. Dutchmen can bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Delgado
    Steulen, are you half-Welsh? Cheer up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79
    God, I just worked out Steulen's avatar is a hedgehog, not a brain...
    Not sure how to feel now tbh...

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steulen View Post
    It's more my resentment of the supremacist English press hyperbole on the few occasions English teams get it right that would make it painful to have that in my sig.
    Does the Dutch press not have such irritating character-traits, then? I admit I've probably read only British and Australian stuff, but they certainly seem to have it in common, and I sort of presumed it was the same throughout Europe (and, I guess, The US of A too).
    And no, I don't like Duncan Fletcher. I think he's guilty of unfair treatment of players he dislikes and the total neglect of one of the two teams under his control (i.e., the one-day team).
    I don't think he "dislikes" players, I think he has some who he simply doesn't rate (ie Read - and I really can't think of anyone else in recent times - more reticently there was Chris Adams). And most of us are the same. And I don't think he's treated Read terribly unfairly. Yes, he probably should have started this Ashes, but similar calls have been made by others.

As for "neglecting" the ODI team - I don't really think so. There are countless factors at fault for England's ODI problems - lack of talent being the main one, but poor scheduling, countless injuries and genuine selection mistakes (not I-don't-care-let's-just-pick-anyone) also play a part.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    If England win a game against a country that actually plays cricket, I'll eat my shorts
    We could beat NZ...after all, we did not too long ago. And Pakistan, and West Indies

Here's hoping that Hingston eats his shorts
    #JFT96
    "I can't promise anyone success but I can promise them a trip to the moon." - John King
    SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Top run scorer in the tourney or just within his team or group?
    Fitness permitting?

And which group? The preliminary group(s) or the proper, final-table group?
    Top run-scorer out of everyone in the tournament in the first three matches, basically, fitness permitting. I'll adapt the bet should England reach the second group stage!

Even the most pessimistic England fan (me, for example) would find it hard to imagine us failing to reach the Super Eights.

I think the interesting bets are those concerning what's happened by the end of the Super Eights.

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Even the most pessimistic England fan (me, for example) would find it hard to imagine us failing to reach the Super Eights.

I think the interesting bets are those concerning what's happened by the end of the Super Eights.
    Yeah, you're probably right, just hedging my bets for the sake of not looking an arse as I've done in the past. I'll extend the bet if and when we reach the Super Eights, but I'm not sure in what way. I'll see how we're doing by then.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    Looking forward to an avatar choice on Campsy.

If Watto, Bracks and Jimmy don't average <25 with the ball, I'll cry.... oh, and change my avatar to a picture of Camps. (if he allows it, if not, someone else)
    So you're saying that all 3 of them have to average under 25? And by Jimmy you mean James Anderson, Watto = Watson and Bracks = Bracken? I just need to clarify the details because this is a precious opportunity.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

International Regular shortpitched713's Avatar
    If any of the minnows make it into the Super Eights I'll crap my pants. Oh, and put somethng relevant in my sig as well.
    Proud 2nd member of GM-OLAS
    Honorary Assistant Vice-President and Inquisitor General of T2IBS (Twenty-20 is Boring Society)

Fraz highlights the defining aspect of Shoaib's legacy:
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    Those humanitarian works etc ?
    Quote Originally Posted by andruid View Post
    I feel Tendulkar's association with the money minting exploitation of cricket fandom by certain varying commercial interests tarnishes his greatness a tad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk View Post
    by Jimmy you mean James Anderson
    Clearly he doesn't given the repeated number of times James Anderson has stated he detests being called Jimmy.

If Michael Clarke Passes 50 at all during the world cup, i will have him as my Avatar for 1 month. However, against minnow countries, he has to pass 100 for it to count. If i can think of something, i'll have something in my sig as well.
    Last edited by Dark Hunter; 04-02-2007 at 06:22 AM.
    ďAnd God came down from the heavens, and he said unto the chicken, "Thou shalt cross the road."And the chicken crossed the road. And the people rejoiced, all across the land.

Australia's Only FairDinkum News Site - www.xenoxnews.com
    -------------------------------------------------

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    If India and Pakistan confront, and India lose, I'll have my avatar changed to that of a Pakistani player until India win an ODI outside of the World Cup.

Dark Hunter's sig
    You have just witnessed one of lifes rare events - I Posted....Make sure you take a picture...

Edited by admin, not appropriate for the forum.

Australia's Only FairDinkum News Site - www.xenoxnews.com
    Karachi 2ndXI - The second best team in the world.
    Island Swell FC - Cricketweb Football Premiership

International Debutant Natman20's Avatar
    I think some of us may regret posting comments about Englands progress in the cup. I'm not too worried yet but will be if England win today.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information