• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Avatar Challenges

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The minnow challenge:
If the Dutch batsmen fail to score a single half century between them in their matches against Australia and South Africa, I'll change my avatar to Duncan Fletcher and add to my signature the line: "England: the best cricket team by far". For a whole painful month.
You're no England or Duncan Fletcher fan, then?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
If Indian fast bowlers are MOM for any two or more matches in the tournament, I'll change my avatar to reflect how I wrong I was about them.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
If England make the semi finals, I'll change my sig to show how much of a genius Duncan Fletcher is and change my avatar to that of KP (ugh).

Barney Rubble

International Coach
If Kevin Pietersen is not the top run-scorer during the group stage, I'll change my avatar to Geraint Jones for a month.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Looking forward to an avatar choice on Campsy.

If Watto, Bracks and Jimmy don't average <25 with the ball, I'll cry.... oh, and change my avatar to a picture of Camps. (if he allows it, if not, someone else)

Steulen

International Regular
You're no England or Duncan Fletcher fan, then?
It's more my resentment of the supremacist English press hyperbole on the few occasions English teams get it right that would make it painful to have that in my sig.

And no, I don't like Duncan Fletcher. I think he's guilty of unfair treatment of players he dislikes and the total neglect of one of the two teams under his control (i.e., the one-day team).

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's more my resentment of the supremacist English press hyperbole on the few occasions English teams get it right that would make it painful to have that in my sig.
Does the Dutch press not have such irritating character-traits, then? I admit I've probably read only British and Australian stuff, but they certainly seem to have it in common, and I sort of presumed it was the same throughout Europe (and, I guess, The US of A too).
And no, I don't like Duncan Fletcher. I think he's guilty of unfair treatment of players he dislikes and the total neglect of one of the two teams under his control (i.e., the one-day team).
I don't think he "dislikes" players, I think he has some who he simply doesn't rate (ie Read - and I really can't think of anyone else in recent times - more reticently there was Chris Adams). And most of us are the same. And I don't think he's treated Read terribly unfairly. Yes, he probably should have started this Ashes, but similar calls have been made by others.

As for "neglecting" the ODI team - I don't really think so. There are countless factors at fault for England's ODI problems - lack of talent being the main one, but poor scheduling, countless injuries and genuine selection mistakes (not I-don't-care-let's-just-pick-anyone) also play a part.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If England win a game against a country that actually plays cricket, I'll eat my shorts
We could beat NZ...after all, we did not too long ago. And Pakistan, and West Indies

Here's hoping that Hingston eats his shorts

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Even the most pessimistic England fan (me, for example) would find it hard to imagine us failing to reach the Super Eights.

I think the interesting bets are those concerning what's happened by the end of the Super Eights.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Even the most pessimistic England fan (me, for example) would find it hard to imagine us failing to reach the Super Eights.

I think the interesting bets are those concerning what's happened by the end of the Super Eights.
Yeah, you're probably right, just hedging my bets for the sake of not looking an arse as I've done in the past. I'll extend the bet if and when we reach the Super Eights, but I'm not sure in what way. I'll see how we're doing by then. :happy:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looking forward to an avatar choice on Campsy.

If Watto, Bracks and Jimmy don't average <25 with the ball, I'll cry.... oh, and change my avatar to a picture of Camps. (if he allows it, if not, someone else)
So you're saying that all 3 of them have to average under 25? And by Jimmy you mean James Anderson, Watto = Watson and Bracks = Bracken? I just need to clarify the details because this is a precious opportunity.

shortpitched713

International Captain
If any of the minnows make it into the Super Eights I'll crap my pants. Oh, and put somethng relevant in my sig as well.