• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bangladesh Thread

tigerPassion

School Boy/Girl Captain

Swervy

International Captain
Making a comeback? What's that to do with anything?

Any runs scored after being dropped (or having some other form of let-off) have not been earnt the way those scored without being let-off have been.
so the first chance stuff does rear its head , as predicted:laugh:

Swervy

International Captain
Any runs scored after being dropped (or having some other form of let-off) have not been earnt the way those scored without being let-off have been.
can I ask, did you actually watch the innings by Ashraful? Or did you watch the heavily edited highlights on BBC?

I just get the impression you are making judgements about an innings without having seen it

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
can I ask, did you actually watch the innings by Ashraful? Or did you watch the heavily edited highlights on BBC?

I just get the impression you are making judgements about an innings without having seen it
I actually don't think he's seen the innings at all - highlights or otherwise - because he didn't know Ashraful had been dropped until he read it here somewhere.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was quite displeased with 3 News actually, all they showed of Ashraful's innings was one of those paddle shots, and his dismissal. None of the other fine shots he played, same applies to Aftab and Tamim. All three of them will be regarded as "lucky" by the average TV watching audience over here because they didn't get to see any of the classy shots they played.

Swervy

International Captain
I actually don't think he's seen the innings at all - highlights or otherwise - because he didn't know Ashraful had been dropped until he read it here somewhere.
was he dropped, or was there the suspicion of a catch by Boucher that wasnt given? If there was a dropped catch I missed it!!!!

But anyway, this is what I feel Richard has been guilty of in the past, and I think he is guilty of here, just assuming something because of prejudices he has against certain players or teams, based merely on a scorecard or what some writer has written (of course the writer must be one he likes!!!).

The fact of the matter is, despite a (possible) chance given (maybe!!!), Ashraful's innings was a pure gem, under the pressure of B'desh being in quite a bit of trouble. Some of the shots he played were top notch. One of the innings of the tournament.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Was quite displeased with 3 News actually, all they showed of Ashraful's innings was one of those paddle shots, and his dismissal. None of the other fine shots he played, same applies to Aftab and Tamim. All three of them will be regarded as "lucky" by the average TV watching audience over here because they didn't get to see any of the classy shots they played.
Tamim's innings actually was fairly ordinary IMO. Ashraful definitely played a good knock though.

Perm

Tamim's innings actually was fairly ordinary IMO. Ashraful definitely played a good knock though.
It wasn't a great innings by any stretch of the imagination, but I thought he played some good shots in there. All the sports news showed was him coming down the track and slogging, leading to his dismissal.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
was he dropped, or was there the suspicion of a catch by Boucher that wasnt given? If there was a dropped catch I missed it!!!!

But anyway, this is what I feel Richard has been guilty of in the past, and I think he is guilty of here, just assuming something because of prejudices he has against certain players or teams, based merely on a scorecard or what some writer has written (of course the writer must be one he likes!!!).

The fact of the matter is, despite a (possible) chance given (maybe!!!), Ashraful's innings was a pure gem, under the pressure of B'desh being in quite a bit of trouble. Some of the shots he played were top notch. One of the innings of the tournament.
I didn't see a drop either but I read on here that there was one... I had a nap in the middle of the BD innings starting when Tamim got out and ending when Ashraful was on 20 odd so I don't actually know what happened early in his innings. :p

Perm

I didn't see a drop either but I read on here that there was one... I had a nap in the middle of the BD innings starting when Tamim got out and ending when Ashraful was on 20 odd so I don't actually know what happened early in his innings. :p
I watched highlights of the entire innings and I didn't see a dropped catch, although there was speculation about an edge to Boucher off Graeme Smith that was given not out. Of course, maybe the TV producers cut the dropped catch out of the highlights.

thierry henry

International Coach
Richard is right. Well done Bangladesh, but this rare good innings doesn't prove that Ashraful is anything other than crap. He's crap.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
this kind of **** gets me piss off. What **** are you talking about? He's one of the most talented bantsmen.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Well paddle seems to be their innovations shots that they are doing, like Dhoni with his unorthodox shots, a lot of players have their own shots.

Perm

Richard is right. Well done Bangladesh, but this rare good innings doesn't prove that Ashraful is anything other than crap. He's crap.
Maybe crap by normal standards, but definately not crap by Bangladesh standards.

Last edited: