• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bangladesh Thread

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Making a comeback? What's that to do with anything?

Any runs scored after being dropped (or having some other form of let-off) have not been earnt the way those scored without being let-off have been.
oh, i though your talking about being dropped from the team or something....but well then most batsmen have a lot of runs they do not deserve than because i reckon most have been droppen at least once here and there

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great stuff by Mohammad Ashraful, good knock although I'm sure others will disgaree. Really pleased with the Bangladeshi effort here, it seems they may finally be making some solid progress.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
oh, i though your talking about being dropped from the team or something....but well then most batsmen have a lot of runs they do not deserve than because i reckon most have been droppen at least once here and there
Obviously they have, yes. There are more than a few innings where more runs are scored than should have been.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
guess the 100 he score in the test against sri alnka was a very poor performance as well? Also i think its a poor performance when you let any batsmen get a 100 anyways...
Anyone who allows Mohammad Ashraful to score a notable score has put in a very poor performance indeed.

Perm

Anyone who allows Mohammad Ashraful to score a notable score has put in a very poor performance indeed.
What is it about Mohammad Ashraful that you don't like? Do you not think he is that talented, or what?

cricman

International 12th Man
Alright Richard, Keep the bringing the Hate at some point you must realize how stupid you sound espically talking about Ashraful the way you are. The skill set is all their for him to be a Top 5 Batsmen in the world, he might not have it upstairs with shot selection at times but when his his brain his working i'll take him over anybatsmen in international cricket.

If the players Believe and aren't complacent, a Maiden Victory over England might be in the cards.

grecian

TBH Richard, I would care less to understand the First-chance average theory, then almost anything in this world.

Its pure theoretical nonsense you only bring up, when someone you decide isn't any good does well, IMHO. That or "luckiness". If you will make such risible comments, expect to be ribbed.

grecian

This comment in particular, utter twaddle, so if a player Richard doesn't like scores runs its a poor bowling performance8-)

LA ICE-E

State Captain
i don't see a point in replying to this but, anyone who allows any batsmen to score a 100 is putting a poor performance.

Perm

i don't see a point in replying to this but, anyone who allows any batsmen to score a 100 is putting a poor performance.
Not always the case, in some occasions the bowling was been spot on but the batsman has been "in the zone".

LA ICE-E

State Captain
yeah i know but that's not always the case and the batsmen are still given credit to. But richard just refuses to give credit to ashraful and proabably any minnows.

Blaze

Banned
I don't rate Ashraful either, but he really played a fantastic innings. It was a classy knock and won Bangladesh the game.

Hopefully he can push on from here, but I doubt it.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Yeah, I can quite easily see Ashraful slipping back into his usual inconsistency, after pe'ople stop raving about his innings today.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

he's been consistent since he came back to the team...
Since his return, he has been given the primary job to hold the lower-middle oreder together. So him scoring over 50 in itself is not always possible, so the 20+s and 30s that he has been scoring is good enough for Bangladesh! However, he does have all the shots in the book and when he gets a partner at the other end for quite a while, he can take off (like he did today).....so it is not necessary that we would see a slump in his form but it is also not necessarily so that we would see hims core so big UNLESS he comes higher up the order like today.....he has it in him to become the best batsmen in the world, but just loses it so bad most of the time.....it's simply depressing :(.....everytime he scores good, if the toher batsmen put in a good effort, BD wins or comes very close to winning *sigh*.....hope he is consistent from here on :(!!!!!

Eclipse

International Debutant
For f*** sake Richard!

keep your opinions to yourself please.

No one wants to here them.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Amen, jk.

But Ashraful is a talented player with his own new cheeky shot which is great but he was doing that from 2005 anyways, looks like he has mastered it now.