• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bangladesh Thread

jemo27

Cricket Spectator
bnagladesh have got a great chance they have only lost in the Super 8 to the two undefeated teams, they have Egland, Ireland and West indies good chance to make it through

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

bnagladesh have got a great chance they have only lost in the Super 8 to the two undefeated teams, they have Egland, Ireland and West indies good chance to make it through
I kinda doub ti though.....I mean England and West Indies may not be as good as SA, Aus, NZ and SL at the moment, but they are definitely better than Ban, and the unpreditable nature of this young team frightens me. If they can manage to maintain the classy performance against those team, THEN there is a chance.

Would love to see them there but who knows what will happen :p!!!!!

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They also lost to Sri Lanka. Bangladesh would need to win all those games and probably improve their NRR dramatically (they still might not make it even then). Very unlikely to progress.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
too bad for Richard it was not a warm-up match(the excuse he used against Newzealand's defeat). But I am sure he will come up with yet another lame excuse.
Piss off will I. The New Zealand game was meaningless, this one wasn't.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ahh, but you do realise that Ashraful should of been out early, so on the golden rules of first-chance average, South Africa won today. Proving Richard was not wrong about either Bangladesh or Ashraful.
I'd appreciate it if you knew about something before making rather silly comments like that. The first-chance average has absolutely nothing to do with results of games, though I was unaware Ashraful was missed - that makes it all the more annoying, although it would explain how such a terrible batsman could make runs against such a strong attack.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
stupid as it sounds, I wouldnt be surprised if Richard did actually use that line on us!!!
Another one who doesn't know what he's on about there... there's no way I'd ever say South Africa deserved to win if they can't dismiss Mohammad Ashraful.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'd appreciate it if you knew about something before making rather silly comments like that. The first-chance average has absolutely nothing to do with results of games, though I was unaware Ashraful was missed - that makes it all the more annoying, although it would explain how such a terrible batsman could make runs against such a strong attack.
You'll laugh when you realise who he was missed off though! :p

LA ICE-E

State Captain
terrible batsman? i beg to differ. Why does it make it even more annoying because you hate to the so called minnows win?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Another one who doesn't know what he's on about there... there's no way I'd ever say South Africa deserved to win if they can't dismiss Mohammad Ashraful.
Haha, you really should probably learn to read my posts in a thread before you reply. I can see a "I should have read this post" post coming up now..

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It really is crazy, you know - I come on CW full of intention on saying well done to Bangladesh, it seems they might actually finally be getting somewhere - and all I get the chance to do is respond to crap like this. 8-)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, you really should probably learn to read my posts in a thread before you reply. I can see a "I should have read this post" post coming up now..
Haha, no, I read it - I just don't like leaving those sorts of things unreplied. Anyway, your explanation was slightly less ambiguous than mine.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
terrible batsman? i beg to differ. Why does it make it even more annoying because you hate to the so called minnows win?
It's far more annoying seeing rubbish batsmen like Mohammad Ashraful (or any number of others) score runs when they don't deserve to than seeing any substandard side win a game.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
the aussies couldn't dismiss him in cardiff and neither was england able to the next game against bd

LA ICE-E

State Captain
It's far more annoying seeing rubbish batsmen like Mohammad Ashraful (or any number of others) score runs when they don't deserve to than seeing any substandard side win a game.
hhhm and how is he "rubbish"? and who are the other # of players? And how did he not deserve to score runs?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Being dropped and getting runs after being so is not deserving such runs.

And a few others who've done it very often to my annoyance... Matthew Hayden, Virender Sehwag, Marcus Trescothick, Mohammad Yousuf (in the last year)... and a couple of others who've done it a fair bit... Brian Lara and Kevin Pietersen.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Making a comeback? What's that to do with anything?

Any runs scored after being dropped (or having some other form of let-off) have not been earnt the way those scored without being let-off have been.