Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 186

Thread: Bangladesh Thread

  1. #46
    Cricket Spectator
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    31

    Icon4 BD fans are currently looking forward to Super 8 stage and even further, even final

    We, the BD fans around the world, have got the necessary confidence in our beloved soldiers to announce clearly & loudly "We are the future champion of the World Cup, may even it be in this World Cup".

  2. #47
    U19 Captain Trigger_Tiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Tower of Omens
    Posts
    613

    Icon3 .....

    Quote Originally Posted by bdcricmad View Post
    We, the BD fans around the world, have got the necessary confidence in our beloved soldiers to announce clearly & loudly "We are the future champion of the World Cup, may even it be in this World Cup".

    The very last bit was not needed now please !!!!!
    As much as I would love to dream about it, turning this side into the WC champ this competition is just a little too much !!!!!

    However for the nonbelievers, watch out, you've got another thing coming .....
    Prowling tiger crouching low
    Ready to unleash its lethal blow
    Its eyes on the mighty prey
    Today the hunter will become the hunted!!!!!

  3. #48
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Nonbelievers in what, though?

    I don't think anyone seriously believes Bangladesh aren't ever going to be international-class - just that they're currently being talked-up more than their achievements have merited. What they did a few days ago they've done before.

    I'm not a nonbeliever - I'm someone who currently has no belief at all - it would be wise to wait a little while longer to form an assessment.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

  4. #49
    U19 Captain Trigger_Tiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Tower of Omens
    Posts
    613

    .....

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Nonbelievers in what, though?

    I don't think anyone seriously believes Bangladesh aren't ever going to be international-class - just that they're currently being talked-up more than their achievements have merited. What they did a few days ago they've done before.

    I'm not a nonbeliever - I'm someone who currently has no belief at all - it would be wise to wait a little while longer to form an assessment.
    Aaah, I never was talking about you .....I am talking about a few who would say "they're good, but would lose to my team".....your reasoning is different and I appreciate it - proving consistancy !!!!!


  5. #50
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401

  6. #51
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    53,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    What they did a few days ago they've done before.
    No they didn't. Their previous wins to Pakistan, India, Australia and Sri Lanka were nothing like their Group stage victory over India. If you watched those games, it'd be obvious to see.

    Bangladesh's win over Australia was better from a feel-good point of view because it was so out of the blue, but from a cricketing perspective their win over India was far superior. Why? Because people said they have a chance of winning, they themselves said they have a chance of winning and should win if they play well, and they did.

    Big difference.

    Anyway, not going to get into a debate or anything but I just thought I'd make that clear. Back to Bangladesh's WC campaign, is it me or is Nafees' poor form have something to do with getting his wisdom teeth removed? I mean that generally hurts like a mother... yet the man's playing the most important tournament Bangladesh have ever played.

    That or he's saving his form for the Super 8s
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

    Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

  7. #52
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Clutha Valley, New Zealand
    Posts
    21,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Back to Bangladesh's WC campaign, is it me or is Nafees' poor form have something to do with getting his wisdom teeth removed? I mean that generally hurts like a mother... yet the man's playing the most important tournament Bangladesh have ever played.

    That or he's saving his form for the Super 8s
    I hope so, I hate to see him in poor form. If he starts scoring runs at the top of the order, the pressure is taken off guys like Aftab and Tamim and they are less likely to get out playing a rash stroke.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

  8. #53
    U19 Captain Trigger_Tiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Tower of Omens
    Posts
    613

    .....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    No they didn't. Their previous wins to Pakistan, India, Australia and Sri Lanka were nothing like their Group stage victory over India. If you watched those games, it'd be obvious to see.

    Bangladesh's win over Australia was better from a feel-good point of view because it was so out of the blue, but from a cricketing perspective their win over India was far superior. Why? Because people said they have a chance of winning, they themselves said they have a chance of winning and should win if they play well, and they did.

    Big difference.

    Anyway, not going to get into a debate or anything but I just thought I'd make that clear. Back to Bangladesh's WC campaign, is it me or is Nafees' poor form have something to do with getting his wisdom teeth removed? I mean that generally hurts like a mother... yet the man's playing the most important tournament Bangladesh have ever played.

    That or he's saving his form for the Super 8s
    TBH when he got out LBW in the Bangladesh vs. India match I presumed from his playing that he was palying overly cautious. But after the Sri Lankan game, I decided to change my mind to "WTF is he doing?"

    LBW in both the matches, the second one against Sri Lanka being the more pathetic of the two IMO!

    He needs to break the shackles and play his natural game.
    He has a good flair once he starts scoring and if he goes on to score over 40, almost always he has carried the bat to 80 or so. That of course is against the minnow teams, but none the less, he can score if he gets set and he NEEDS to play NOW if Bangladesh is to have any good chance of shinning in the Super 8s !!!!!

  9. #54
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    53,732
    Yeah he's easily the best 'once set' batsman out of the non-major 8 nations. I remember in the CT Trophy qualifying matches, he needed a ton to allow me to win a most runs bet for Bangladesh. He was dropped on 0, and I breathed a sigh of relief. Then once he passed 15 he didn't look like going out at all. Was awesome to watch.

    Bangladesh will need him to score at the top of the order if they want to have a chance in the Super 8s (obvious I know), and this game against Bermuda is his best chance to dig his boots in and get a huge score.
    Last edited by Jono; 24-03-2007 at 11:33 PM.

  10. #55
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Clutha Valley, New Zealand
    Posts
    21,816
    The fact that he is now regarded as Bangladesh's best ODI batsman may have a bearing on his form, we have to remember that he is only a young guy and that amount of pressure can be very difficult to handle.

  11. #56
    State Vice-Captain cricman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Other Side of the Atlantic
    Posts
    1,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    The only ones there that seem genuine prospects to me are Shahriar Nafees Ahmed, Tushar Imran, Abdur Razzak and Nazmul. Even Nazmul I'm far from convinced with.
    Tushar? Nazmul

  12. #57
    State Vice-Captain cricman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Other Side of the Atlantic
    Posts
    1,250
    I wouldn't be surprised if we win a few games in the super8.

  13. #58
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The great state of New South Wales
    Posts
    42,656
    Quote Originally Posted by cricman View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if we win a few games in the super8.
    Well, you should quite obviously beat Ireland. There's one. It wouldn't shock me if Bangladesh won another game or two either - particularly looking in the direction of England and West Indies.
    ~ Cribbage

  14. #59
    Cricket Spectator ekshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    11
    I'm surprised at seeing all these optimistic Bangladesh threads. I didn't even know they had any fans, well not for long.

    I can't wait for the team to get bashed by all the other teams in the Super 8.

  15. #60
    U19 Captain Trigger_Tiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Tower of Omens
    Posts
    613

    .....

    Quote Originally Posted by ekshi View Post
    I can't wait for the team to get bashed by all the other teams in the Super 8.
    And why is that I ask ?????

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ***Official*** Bangladesh in Zimbabwe
    By James in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 11-08-2006, 12:48 PM
  2. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 28-06-2006, 04:10 PM
  3. **Official** Kenya in Bangladesh
    By James in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 27-03-2006, 01:52 PM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-01-2005, 08:27 PM
  5. Zimbabwe Announce Squad For Bangladesh Tour
    By Prince EWS in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 10-12-2004, 04:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •