• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bangladesh Thread

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm surprised at seeing all these optimistic Bangladesh threads. I didn't even know they had any fans, well not for long.

I can't wait for the team to get bashed by all the other teams in the Super 8.
Including Ireland?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No they didn't. Their previous wins to Pakistan, India, Australia and Sri Lanka were nothing like their Group stage victory over India. If you watched those games, it'd be obvious to see.

Bangladesh's win over Australia was better from a feel-good point of view because it was so out of the blue, but from a cricketing perspective their win over India was far superior. Why? Because people said they have a chance of winning, they themselves said they have a chance of winning and should win if they play well, and they did.

Big difference.

Anyway, not going to get into a debate or anything but I just thought I'd make that clear.
TBH that just irritates me. They were never favourites - they had a chance, yes, but they've always had a chance. As my comments before the game showed, I was kinda hoping those building them up beyond their worth would get their comeuppance. Instead they were made to look like geniui.

As I say - before anyone gets too excited, let's wait and see the Super Eights. You'd imagine they'll beat Ireland, as they did Scotland in 1999, but if they get thrashed by everyone else (the game against England is especially key) it'll be hard to take the India win too seriously.

As I say - we'll wait and see.

tigerPassion

School Boy/Girl Captain

Bangladesh needs the pace of this guy to change their fortunes. If not in next match (as South Africa are good in dealing with pace and pitches in Guyana are slow and low), he should be picked for the last three matches in Barbados.

cricman

International 12th Man
Can the Bangladesh Team get some credit now? How many of you can say the India game was a fluke now?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

As I say - before anyone gets too excited, let's wait and see the Super Eights. You'd imagine they'll beat Ireland, as they did Scotland in 1999, but if they get thrashed by everyone else (the game against England is especially key) it'll be hard to take the India win too seriously.

As I say - we'll wait and see.
Indeed:cool:

grecian

Ahh, but you do realise that Ashraful should of been out early, so on the golden rules of first-chance average, South Africa won today. Proving Richard was not wrong about either Bangladesh or Ashraful.

Swervy

International Captain
Ahh, but you do realise that Ashraful should of been out early, so on the golden rules of first-chance average, South Africa won today. Proving Richard was not wrong about either Bangladesh or Ashraful.
stupid as it sounds, I wouldnt be surprised if Richard did actually use that line on us!!!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
stupid as it sounds, I wouldnt be surprised if Richard did actually use that line on us!!!
I don't think he'd say that South Africa deserved to win - he never actually gives credit to the team that drops a player because it is within their control. He might, however, say that the fact Ashraful was dropped means that the result should be credited as South Africa losing it, rather than Bangladesh winning it.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
no, that doesn't say ****. It happens in a lot of games when a player should have been out and bla bla bla but they still get credit and so it is just a stupid reason to take the credit bangladesh deserves away from them.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
no it wasn't they knew they could be them and they did. They also knew they could win today and they did. No flukes here.
no, that doesn't say ****. It happens in a lot of games when a player should have been out and bla bla bla but they still get credit and so it is just a stupid reason to take the credit bangladesh deserves away from them.
LOL, chill both of us were being sarcastic...

grecian

Yes, it was a Richard-themed joke.

Perhaps a smilie should have been added, but I really couldn't be arsed:)

crickmate

U19 12th Man
too bad for Richard it was not a warm-up match(the excuse he used against Newzealand's defeat). But I am sure he will come up with yet another lame excuse.