• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Apart From Your Own Nation, Who Do You Want To Win The World Cup?

Apart from you own team, who do you want to win the World Cup?

• Australia

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Bangladesh

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Bermuda

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Canada

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • England

• The Netherlands

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • India

• Ireland

• Kenya

• New Zealand

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Scotland

• South Africa

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Sri Lanka

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • West Indies

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • Zimbabwe

• Total voters

pskov

International 12th Man
As an Englishman, my choice to win, assuming the very unlikely event of England somewhow not managing to win, would be the West Indies. I think they have been a poor to mediocre team for too long now and a good Windies side is always great for exciting cricket. Plus as the hosts, the atmosphere in the semis and final if they were participating would be absolutely electric and wonderful to watch.

Also I'd love to see Lara score a winning century in the final as his (ODI) career send off. That would be perfect.

Last edited:

oz_fan

International Regular
pskov said:
As an Englishman, my choice to win, assuming the very unlikely event of England somewhow not managing to win, would be the West Indies. I think they have been a poor to mediocre team for too long now and a good Windies side is always great for exciting cricket. Plus as the hosts, the atmosphere in the semis and final if they were participating would be absolutely electric and wonderful to watch.

Also I'd love to see Lara score a winning century in the final as his (ODI) career send off. That would be perfect.
WI for me. Agree with all the reasons. It would be great for Lara to go out a matchwinner in his last ODI.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sri Lanka, got some good young players (Tharanga, Maharoof, Kapugedara) aswell as some classy and brilliant guys like Jayasuriya, Sangakkarra, Jayawardene and Vaas. I dislike watching Muralitharan though.

pasag

RTDAS
If Aus didn't win I'd want NZ or SL to win it.

I wouldn't mind if WI, India or Pakistan won.

I'd hate if England or South Africa won it.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
FaaipDeOiad said:
NZ or Pakistan for me. Desperately hope it's not India, at this point. :p
why would that be?

Anyways, Windies for me. And I definitely hope it won't be Australia again, for obvious reasons.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Aus or WI for me...voted WI in the end since they're hosting the thing.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
honestbharani said:
why would that be?
The fan hysteria is the main reason. It gets really grating at times, particularly the cricbuzz type crowd and so on. Though I suppose the drama is still there when India don't win, with umpiring controversies and so on. Aside from that, I'm not a huge fan of any of the Indian players. I quite like Dravid and Kaif, but that's it. No offence to the more reasonable Indian fans on this site, of course. :p

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
In the very likely event of England not winning I'd like it to be West Indies. World cricket can't afford a weak West Indies and it would do wonders for cricket in the Carribean. And if they can cope with the pressure of being hosts its not impossible for their improving ODI team to do it.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Scotland, being an almost-scot. West Indies overtake both Scotland and England if Tadpole plays.

Nishant

International 12th Man
i support india....if they don't win it, i would probably hope that the WI win it. Just don't want the aussies to win everything....and choosing a team like Canada is just not being realistic...with all do respect!