• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Apart From Your Own Nation, Who Do You Want To Win The World Cup?

Apart from you own team, who do you want to win the World Cup?

• Australia

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Bangladesh

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Bermuda

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Canada

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • England

• The Netherlands

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • India

• Ireland

• Kenya

• New Zealand

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Scotland

• South Africa

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Sri Lanka

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • West Indies

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • Zimbabwe

• Total voters

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Anyone but australia & india...so specially west indies because they are host or any of the minor countries because that would cause more intrest from the minor countries...

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
FaaipDeOiad said:
The fan hysteria is the main reason. It gets really grating at times, particularly the cricbuzz type crowd and so on. Though I suppose the drama is still there when India don't win, with umpiring controversies and so on. Aside from that, I'm not a huge fan of any of the Indian players. I quite like Dravid and Kaif, but that's it. No offence to the more reasonable Indian fans on this site, of course. :p
Echo that. Anyone but India or Australia will suit, really.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Echo that. Anyone but India or Australia will suit, really.
Or Pakistan.

West Indies for me, Bangladesh would be romantic but too unlikely to even consider wanting them to win.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
burkey_1988 said:
Pakistan, my second favourite team for about a year now for some reason.
Funny. It's about a year since Afridi decided he was a gardener, isn't it?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Probably WI, then followed by Pakistan or NZ. It'd be cool seeing NZ win the cup.

Don't want England or Australia.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
steds said:
Funny. It's about a year since Afridi decided he was a gardener, isn't it?
I think it possibly did spring out of the fact that the Pakis were giving it to the Poms a little post-Ashes.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
the best would be if canada won...may be then it would bring some intrest to the americas...or if any other minnows won

Salamuddin

International Debutant
If Pakistan can't win, I'd have to support Sri Lanka.

I wouldn't overly mind a KIwi or an Indian win......personally think a lot of the Windies players are up themselves for some reason

Certainly don't want any of Australia, SAF, England to win.

zayn

Cricket Spectator
I have voted Zimbabwe because it would help with all the financial problem and get some attention to their crisis.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
The fan hysteria is the main reason. It gets really grating at times, particularly the cricbuzz type crowd and so on. Though I suppose the drama is still there when India don't win, with umpiring controversies and so on. Aside from that, I'm not a huge fan of any of the Indian players. I quite like Dravid and Kaif, but that's it. No offence to the more reasonable Indian fans on this site, of course. :p
you don't like tendulkar?

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
New Zealand. Vettori, Bond, Fleming & Oram are all favourites, and i'd love to see them do well if Australia doesn't. Also, it'd be great for the sport to see the perannial Underdogs win.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Clapo said:
New Zealand. Vettori, Bond, Fleming & Oram are all favourites, and i'd love to see them do well if Australia doesn't. Also, it'd be great for the sport to see the perannial Underdogs win.
Yeah, after Aus & Windies, N.Z. are my favourite team.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
burkey_1988 said:
I think it possibly did spring out of the fact that the Pakis were giving it to the Poms a little post-Ashes.
Ooooh it's bitter in here!