• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka's chances

Gajanayake

School Boy/Girl Captain
How do you guys rate Sri Lanka's chances of winning the forthcoming WC with a possible squad being :

Jaysuriya
Tharanga
Jayawardene
Sanagakkara
Kapugedera
Atapattu
Dilshan
Maharoof
Ruchira Perera
Dihara Fernando
Malinga
Vaas
Murali
Bandara
Vandort

Dravid

International Captain
Sri Lanka are a top side that do have chances of winning the tournament. They got some of the worlds best batsman, like Jayasuriya, Jayawardene, Sanga, Attapatu etc. to some top quality bowlers like Maling, Murli, and Vaas. I would rate their chances really high.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
If they keep up the form that they are in this year through to the world cup they have a great chance, since i think the sub-continent sides with those spinners will do well in the West Indies.

grant28

School Boy/Girl Captain
They got good chance because they have everything from good batsman to all out pace to line and length to murali himself. But this would be my team:
tharanga
jayasuriya
sangakkara(wkt)
jayawardene(cpt)
attapattu
dilshan
maharoof
vaas
murali
malinga
fernando
perera
bandara
kapugedera
arnold

Choc

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I won't write them off but at the moment I feel there are better teams in the game of cricket than them. :mellow: