• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

who will win the world cup

who will win the world cup

• Australia

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • England

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • South Africa

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • India

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • Srilanka

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Newzaeland

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Some other team

Votes: 7 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I'm sticking to Pakistan. If they're full strength and together we could see 92 repeated... that or they'll go out in the group stages.

stumpski

International Captain
I voted South Africa - after so many near-misses, they have to do it someday ...

"This poll will close on 08-05-2009"

:huh:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
stumpski said:
I voted South Africa - after so many near-misses, they have to do it someday ...

"This poll will close on 08-05-2009"

:huh:
Their over rated current ranking is extremely misleading. When it comes to the Crunch they are well known Chokers and notorious for chickening out !!:D :D

I expect an early exit for them after the preliminary round , given most of their Team rely on old timers who are already struggling and their batsmen are really struggling away from home. Their away form is pretty poor and their misleading high ranking is due to a series win at home against the Aussies, which has not been maintained in other away performances . They struggle badly away from home against the other teams in the Top 6 as was shown clearly in the VB series.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Realistically the winner will be one out of Australia, Pakistan, India and the West Indies.

South AFrica don't have good spinners, Sri Lanka lack depth - England are rubbish and I don't think the Kiwis are good enough to go all the way - although NZ's chances are prolly better than those of SAF, SRi or Eng.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Salamuddin said:
Realistically the winner will be one out of Australia, Pakistan, India and the West Indies.

South AFrica don't have good spinners, Sri Lanka lack depth - England are rubbish and I don't think the Kiwis are good enough to go all the way - although NZ's chances are prolly better than those of SAF, SRi or Eng.

Realistically i doubt Pakistan's chances. With all due respects to the team, i think Pakistan WERE an amazing team, but these days if you take a look at the squad it isnt that impressive. And even though West Indies are at home, i doubt there chances.

haroon510

International 12th Man
i would go with pakistan. there will be shoaib, asif, umer gul in bowling and in batting yousuf, inzi, afridi, malik and others. the team looks pretty strong.

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
Turbinator said:

Realistically i doubt Pakistan's chances. With all due respects to the team, i think Pakistan WERE an amazing team, but these days if you take a look at the squad it isnt that impressive. And even though West Indies are at home, i doubt there chances.
Then maybe you should have seen the India-WI oneday series.

Aus obviously are big fav's, only hope is that another team knock them out at some stage of WC.I reckon India as second best Oneday team, a team that is more likly to match Australia than any other team in the world.WI can actually surprise alot of ppl this time around, think they will make it to atleast to the semis.SA is another good team, don't think they will win it but surely are good enough to reach SF.

My semi finalist.
Aus
Ind
WI
SA.

Final: India vs Aus.

Winner :India (H:) pefully )