• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Day/Night games ?

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
rawowl said:
Will there be some ? If so which games ?

Looking forward to it starting now. :)
It is widely regarded that batting second (under lights) is more difficult than batting in daylight, something particularly evident at the last World Cup (South Africa 2003), when the ball swung sideways at night.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Jungle Jumbo said:
It is widely regarded that batting second (under lights) is more difficult than batting in daylight, something particularly evident at the last World Cup (South Africa 2003), when the ball swung sideways at night.
The relevance?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As far as I'm aware none of the West Indies' grounds have lights, so day/night games are pretty much impossible. I don't think it has much to do with the swinging ball.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
As far as I'm aware none of the West Indies' grounds have lights, so day/night games are pretty much impossible. I don't think it has much to do with the swinging ball.
St Lucia has/had floodlights

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
when i was Barbados i heard every ground in the caribbean will have lights & a few day/night games will be played.

luffy

International Captain
I prefer Day/Night games. Sitting down with a drink in the night there is nothing better. And with day games you are at school or work and you get home and it is all finished!!

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Dang, I like Day/Nighters.
The ball might swing more, but I suppose that simply puts more importance on the toss of the coin. The class teams should still walk away the victors.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
so why is the point of having a white ball when we are going to have to day/night games...the red ball is surely easier to see in the day....is this the 1st world cup since day/night been introduced to not have a day/night game?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Cameron-Moss said:
Want some Day/Nighters, how far are Carribean behind England? If you find out please tell me.
you don't really want day-nighters. Day games in the Carribean will be about 3pm-10pm in the uk, there or there abouts, pretty good times.