• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is attending the World Cup?

adharcric

International Coach
I'm definitely trying to fly down and sneak in two India matches with friends during Spring Break. Who else is going?

Blaze

Banned
I was going to go and stay with relatives in Trinidad and watch a couple of games but decided not to in the end... I thought I would wait until our own World Cup in 2011, which has now turned out to be 2015.

Got the Rugby to look forward to in 2011 though which should be awesome.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
We're planning a trip to the Windies for the cup....still iffy though if we'll actually make it.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
i want to go but i have to decide whether to go to the world cup or down to Australia for the boxing day test, since my pops said i can't see both. Obviously i will have to decide soon since ticket sales for both are not going to be around forever.

adharcric

International Coach
aussie said:
i want to go but i have to decide whether to go to the world cup or down to Australia for the boxing day test, since my pops said i can't see both. Obviously i will have to decide soon since ticket sales for both are not going to be around forever.
If I were you, I'd go to the Boxing Day test. Chances are you won't get to see the match that you want to see at the World Cup or it might not be a great match. That test though, you can be sure it'll be 5 days of excitement, regardless of the result.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
adharcric said:
If I were you, I'd go to the Boxing Day test. Chances are you won't get to see the match that you want to see at the World Cup or it might not be a great match. That test though, you can be sure it'll be 5 days of excitement, regardless of the result.
Also, the fact that (from what I gather) you've been to the Windies to see cricket before, I'd do something different if I were in your (aussie's) situation.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
vic_orthdox said:
Also, the fact that (from what I gather) you've been to the Windies to see cricket before, I'd do something different if I were in your (aussie's) situation.
yea but going to Australia is so bloody expensive.

Craig

World Traveller
And Melbourne isn't exactly cheap either.

Which one are you going to Aussie (if any?)?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
yea but going to Australia is so bloody expensive.
I have decided to go to the world cup as you rightfully said ticket & accomodation prices for staying in Melbourne for a week is too much.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
adharcric said:
I'm definitely trying to fly down and sneak in two India matches with friends during Spring Break. Who else is going?
I would love to go. How are you planning to arrange the tickets?

nzdave

Cricket Spectator
nibbs said:
I'll be there. I'll be attending most of NZs matches while over there
Nibbs, I'm going to CWC with a mate for Super 8 onwards watching NZ games and a few others (depending on which tickets I get). Any ideas on cheap accommodation in Antigua & then Grenada?

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I'm going to be paying a lot and not see enough games at all. I have tickets to two Super 8 games, and I'll be there for a week only, due to my spring break.

I'll be in Guyana, anybody know any good places to go to while I'm there?