• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pie In Sky Stuff... But Most Runs and Wickets

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Long way out as I type, the final is still one week and one year away.

But who would you say is going to get the most runs, and who will get the most wickets?

Do it in two sections - from the Head and from the Heart

Head - Ponting and Ntini

Heart - Astle and Bond

adharcric

International Coach
Head - Yuvraj and Lee
It's gotta be someone from Australia, India, South Africa or Pakistan.
Lee, Ntini, Pathan, Asif are the best bets.
With the bat, Ponting, Hussey, Yuvraj, Dhoni and Gibbs for me.

Heart - Tendulkar and Pathan/Sreesanth

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
With the bat I could see it being whoever makes the most of their 2 easier group games.

Someone could quite easily bash a couple of 150s or so and then be well ahead.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I'm tipping Gilchrist for the most runs, I think he'll have his first really big world cup.

Murali for the most wickets. He'll take a massive haul against a minnow side.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Head: not a clue, too far away. A lot depends on who's in-form the month or two before.
Hope; "heart": Vaas and Salman Butt.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Batting :-
Head :- Dont know
Heart :- Dravid

Bowling :-
Head :- Lee
Heart :- Pathan

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
Mate this "D Factor" is very important for India's chances.If both D's do well in their respective roles, then i reckon India would do well, and may infact even win the cup.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
adharcric said:
That's not fair.
D for Dravid, yet :D for :Dhoni.
That's because he remembered the space for Dravid but forgot it for Dhoni.
Otherwise it'd have been :Dravid and :Dhoni.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
adharcric said:
That's not fair.
D for Dravid, yet :D for :Dhoni.
It's about colons and spaces - or rather......

Nature being what it is, there are a lot of spaces that exist in the wild, perfectly naturally. These could be things as complex as valleys formed by glaciation, or the space between Richard's ears where cricket knowledge would reside if it wasn't for nonsense like first-chance averages and Stuart MacGill.

Many of these natural spaces are formed by water over millions of years - liquid or frozen - but of late man has intervened and speeded up the process.

See what you can do harnessing the power of water by damming - you can use it to drive turbines (water occupies the spaces on one side of a rotor, causing it to spin, rotating a coil inside enormous magnets - or is it the other way around?) and generate electricity.

The water after it has passed through the turbines can then be used to water crops in fields (another form of space - often dry). You see where this is leading?

.....colons and watering dry empty spaces.

The poster is obviously alluding to :Dhoni being a fan of colonic irrigation.

/aren't we all?

adharcric

International Coach
luckyeddie said:
It's about colons and spaces - or rather......

Nature being what it is, there are a lot of spaces that exist in the wild, perfectly naturally. These could be things as complex as valleys formed by glaciation, or the space between Richard's ears where cricket knowledge would reside if it wasn't for nonsense like first-chance averages and Stuart MacGill.

Many of these natural spaces are formed by water over millions of years - liquid or frozen - but of late man has intervened and speeded up the process.

See what you can do harnessing the power of water by damming - you can use it to drive turbines (water occupies the spaces on one side of a rotor, causing it to spin, rotating a coil inside enormous magnets - or is it the other way around?) and generate electricity.

The water after it has passed through the turbines can then be used to water crops in fields (another form of space - often dry). You see where this is leading?

.....colons and watering dry empty spaces.

The poster is obviously alluding to :Dhoni being a fan of colonic irrigation.

/aren't we all?
Spot on. Absolutely beautiful. Great minds think alike.