• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web World Cup Ladders

James

Cricket Web Owner
It may be a year away, but the mere anticipation of the ICC World Cup has every international team scrambling and plotting.

The 2007 tournament will be held in the West Indies, and the next year of cricket should go a long way toward defining the cast of the event as countries shuffle about their line-ups to assess effectiveness.

We at Cricket Web dare to add to the interest by suggesting a less-than-definitive list of those we believe most likely to feature in the Caribbean next year.

The Process:

We commence with a presentation of 40 players from which the final squad of 16 will most likely be chosen. These players are ranked from 1 to 40 in terms of likelihood of selection (in our humble opinions of course) and thus form a ladder.

At two-month intervals, the ladder will be adjusted with players moving up or down according to how much more likely or less likely their selection has become in that time. In addition, we will eliminate the bottom 5 players from the ladder at each interval.

The conclusion is targeted for the end of January 2007, and a final elimination of 4 will take place, leaving us with a squad of 16. How accurate will these selections be? Well that's the whole fun of it all.

The Ladders:

Australia

Bangladesh

England

India

New Zealand

Pakistan

South Africa

Sri Lanka

West Indies

Zimbabwe

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Haha. I love how negative the Australian one is. Symonds is "not as good as his fans would have us believe", and Ponting is "on top as long as Australia is". You'd think they were crap. :p

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Haha. I love how negative the Australian one is. Symonds is "not as good as his fans would have us believe", and Ponting is "on top as long as Australia is". You'd think they were crap. :p
There not as bad the Lankan ones, i have never seen medoicre and sub standard written so many times.

adharcric

International Coach
I think it would be nice if the CW members had a major say in these, as quite a few of these are rather inaccurate. Can we all give suggestions and information so that the staff can be better informed?

adharcric

International Coach
Well Neil, this is the ladder you were referring to that day ... yeah, you obviously did have some trouble beyond the obvious choices.:)

Some of the stuff you've written is rather pathetic, I must say. No offense.

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
adharcric said:
I think it would be nice if the CW members had a major say in these, as quite a few of these are rather inaccurate. Can we all give suggestions and information so that the staff can be better informed?
Feel free, we welcome all feedback whether positive or negative.

James

Cricket Web Owner
adharcric said:
Well Neil, this is the ladder you were referring to that day ... yeah, you obviously did have some trouble beyond the obvious choices.:)

Some of the stuff you've written is rather pathetic, I must say. No offense.
As Jack said, try and be a bit constructive, and offer reasons and suggested improvements.

Blaze

Banned
Look I would like to defend the guys that wrote ladders for teams they don't follow closely. I know in Liam's case he wrote more than one ladder due to others (who were rostered to write about their country) missing the thread where the information was posted. He put a lot of time into the project and has done a brilliant job.

I wrote the NZ ladder and would be interested in any feedback, suggestions and criticism from fellow kiwi fans.

adharcric

International Coach
James said:
As Jack said, try and be a bit constructive, and offer reasons and suggested improvements.
Sorry for the harsh words. I'll try to give suggestions soon when I've got more time on my hands. Credit should be given for these guys making ladders for countries they don't know everything about. My bad there.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Barney Rubble said:
I wrote the England one - so thanks, Aussie. :)
On Sajid Mahmood - "May undo all the good work done by Simon Jones in making English cricket accessible to the fairer ***, however". :laugh:

Good read.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I'd like to see Muppitt do a Scotland one, soon.

...I would, but I can't, as James keeps sending me more profiles. :angel_not :lookaroun

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
steds said:
I'd like to see Muppitt do a Scotland one, soon.

...I would, but I can't, as James keeps sending me more profiles. :angel_not :lookaroun
Yeah where is the Bangladesh, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Ireland, Scotland, Holland, Canada and Bermuda?

I'm disappointed :@