• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semifinalists for WC '07!!

Semifinalists for WC'07

• Australia- India-SA-WI

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Australia-India-SA-NZ

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Australia-India-WI-SA

• Australia-India-Eng-SA

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Australia-India-NZ-WI

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • NZ-WI-SL-India

• Australia-SA-Pak-NZ

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Australia-India-SA-Pak

Votes: 20 41.7%

• Total voters

HowsThat

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I know there is still some time left for the WC, but still i like to see what ppl ahve to say about the possible 4 teams.I think two teams in Australia and India are probably going to make it to Semis with ease.

Francis

State Vice-Captain
This should probably be in the world cup forum.

Anyway I think it'll be Australia, India, South Africa and mighty Pakistan in the semi finals... assuming they all get the right draw. They're the four best ODI teams these days.

HowsThat

Yeah i guess i should have posted it there.

I think teams like NZ and Wi can surprise us.

Francis

State Vice-Captain
I agree on the West Indies. The West Indies may suprise us. Considering that this may be the last time we see him, Lara might do something only he can do. So I'm not discounting the West Indies.

Last edited:

HowsThat

Yes i'm expecting some good cricket from Windies, there are always surprises in WC and WI is a team that can surprise in the Wc while playing on their home ground.

SA have been playing great OD cricket, so they are also among fav's.Pak seems to be doing better in test match rather than ODI, but thats probably coz their batsmen have been struggling in OD lately.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
My thoughts: none on subject, but thread should move to world cup sub-forum.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Oh, and you appear to have left a situation including Scotland off the list. :sleep:

oz_fan

International Regular
I would go with:
Australia-India-SA-NZ
I'm pretty sure Australia, India and SA will make it. The other spot was harder to pic. For me it was between NZ and Pakistan but I went with NZ. The WI are the darkhorses considering it's at their home ground and Lara will be out to make some big scores in what could be his swansong.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia-India-SA-NZ for me. I rate NZ and SA pretty highly in one dayers, mainly for the length of their tail. Pakistan will be unlucky to miss out, though.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
for sure Australia-South Africa & Paksitan once they play to potential will be 3 of the semi-finalist. While the other one could come from anywhere i'd say.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shouldn't this be in the World Cu...

oh, wait....

Anyway, Australia, India, New Zealand and de Windies for me

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
aussie said:
for sure Australia-South Africa & Paksitan once they play to potential will be 3 of the semi-finalist. While the other one could come from anywhere i'd say.
India happens to be the best team in the world atm, in the words of Hoggard, and you haven't included in your list??

15 consecutive successful chase (a world record) shows that they are probably better than any team in the world.I think Aus & SA are also strong contenders, don't think Pakistan will make it, their batting is too weak and they haven't sorted out their opening pair yet.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
IndianByHeart said:
India happens to be the best team in the world atm, in the words of Hoggard, and you haven't included in your list??

15 consecutive successful chase (a world record) shows that they are probably better than any team in the world.I think Aus & SA are also strong contenders, don't think Pakistan will make it, their batting is too weak and they haven't sorted out their opening pair yet.
they may have won 15 consecutive matches chasing & has been in good form of late, but they are no way the best OD team in the world atm. Australia are still the best dont be fooled since Australia record in ODI's is still the best in the buisness

How could you say Pakistan batting is weal?:huh: Malik, Younis, Inzamam, Yousuf, Akmal, Razzaq, Afridi doesn't look too weak to me. I wont say they haven't worked out their opening pair, to me it seems as if they are just very flexible their. Sometimes Akmal opens or goes down the order based on the situation, Afridi can go up the order, Malik can do it.

I wont say they are claer cut semi-finalist just yet, but OVERALL Australia, South Africa & Pakistan are better than India.