• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semifinalists for WC '07!!

Semifinalists for WC'07

• Australia- India-SA-WI

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Australia-India-SA-NZ

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Australia-India-WI-SA

• Australia-India-Eng-SA

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Australia-India-NZ-WI

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • NZ-WI-SL-India

• Australia-SA-Pak-NZ

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Australia-India-SA-Pak

Votes: 20 41.7%

• Total voters

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
At this stage - Australia, South Africa, India, Pakistan.

But I guess that view might change closer to the date and according to the selections that are made.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
aussie said:
they may have won 15 consecutive matches chasing & has been in good form of late, but they are no way the best OD team in the world atm. Australia are still the best dont be fooled since Australia record in ODI's is still the best in the buisness
They just lost to SA...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nnanden said:
At this stage - Australia, South Africa, India, Pakistan.

But I guess that view might change closer to the date and according to the selections that are made.
Things change very quickly - plenty of people would've been predicting England less than a year ago, and think how stupid that looks now.
Polls and guesses like this, a year before the event, are wholly pointless.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
At the present time i would have to say that the SemiFinalists will be
India, Australia, South Africa and New Zealand..

i dont see srilanka nor england proving a threat to the cup atall.. But saying that Pakistan has a mighty big chance if Shoaib and Co fire..

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
They just lost to SA...
And right before that they beat SA. You don't suddenly become the best in the world in a couple of weeks, or lose your title in the same period of time. Australia lost one series yes, but it was the first ODI series Australia have lost since 2002.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
And right before that they beat SA. You don't suddenly become the best in the world in a couple of weeks, or lose your title in the same period of time. Australia lost one series yes, but it was the first ODI series Australia have lost since 2002.
you had to waster your time to answer that clown.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
they may have won 15 consecutive matches chasing & has been in good form of late, but they are no way the best OD team in the world atm. I wont say they are claer cut semi-finalist just yet, but OVERALL Australia, South Africa & Pakistan are better than India.
australia and south africa yes....but pakistan were thumped on their home grounds 1-4 recently, maybe you missed that...???8-) on current form, india are the third best in the world and if form holds, are clear favourites to enter the semi-finals....but the picture might change come 2007, that's true....then again it might change for the better for india, the point is one day form is so fickle that no one knows for sure about any team barring australia who have to start as the front-runners for the title....

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
We can fairly safely say England and West Indies are rank outsiders, but even that can change.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
We can fairly safely say England and West Indies are rank outsiders, but even that can change.
a fully fit england team can put up a strong challenge, i would think...a batting lineup containing trescothick, vaughan, pietersen, collingwood, the powerful flintoff and their support cast and a bowling attack combination of of jones, harmison, flintoff, hoggard, giles et al is not to be scoffed at....even the windies at home can be a force although their batting especially is really in the doldrums right now....

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I'd say Pakistan, India, RSA, Australia. Pakistan and Australia in the final, since they're the only team we've ever beaten in a World Cup out of this group.

bumpuss

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
process of elimination:

sri lanka - heavily dependent on vaas and murali, sangka. they will perform well the in world cup but not good enough for a spot in the semis;
west indies- all sorts of internal problems, lara not in gud form no chance for the semis
minnows - perhaps bangladesh could cause a few dissappoints
australia- will be favourites should be in the semis
pakistan- tough team, unpredictable at times, should make it semis, either pak or sa.
sa- solid team either pakistan or rsa to be in the semis
ind- should be favourites, after chappell and ganguly droppped have unleashed some young talent look promising
eng- should be favourites, flintoff excellent form, best pace attack currently, easily should be in the semis

therefore
aus
ind
pak
eng
to be the in the semis.

adharcric

International Coach
bumpuss said:
eng- should be favourites, flintoff excellent form, best pace attack currently, easily should be in the semis
Go get some sleep mate. You're a little mistaken there, this is not test cricket.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Anil said:
a fully fit england team can put up a strong challenge, i would think...a batting lineup containing trescothick, vaughan, pietersen, collingwood, the powerful flintoff and their support cast and a bowling attack combination of of jones, harmison, flintoff, hoggard, giles et al is not to be scoffed at....even the windies at home can be a force although their batting especially is really in the doldrums right now....
There's plenty to scoff at at an attack of Jones, Harmison, Hoggard, Giles. None are proven ODI-standard bowlers. Indeed, to date there's considerable evidence to the contrary.
Equally - Vaughan is utterly useless in ODIs and Collingwood isn't anywhere near as good as most would have us believe.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
bumpuss said:
Sorry, what? This is excellent form? It's far from it. Nor is this quite as good as we've come to expect.
As for best pace attack currently... not remotely close. Only Flintoff is a proven ODI bowler of those currently in the picture.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
There's plenty to scoff at at an attack of Jones, Harmison, Hoggard, Giles. None are proven ODI-standard bowlers. Indeed, to date there's considerable evidence to the contrary.
Equally - Vaughan is utterly useless in ODIs and Collingwood isn't anywhere near as good as most would have us believe.
ok have it your way...i was just trying to cheer you up.....;)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, if they actually did something it might cheer me up...
But the last thing I want is to kid myself we're better than we are.
That'll just lead to REAL disappointment at the event.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
Ignore the fact that Jones is untried and Giles has an ER of 4.34 then.

Please tell of this considerable evidence in their 2 cases...

bumpuss

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
and is that why england? somehow thumped australia in the odis? odi bowlers? wtf nowadays the pitches dont even consider the bowlers its all batsman. i have stay england have the best pace attack. whether they are odi bowlers or not is irrelevant. as for nz i dont think they will make semis, too dependent on astle. BOnd is awesome, but one bowler is not enough. vettori i dont know if he spin up there, specially against the subcontinent batsman.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Ignore the fact that Jones is untried and Giles has an ER of 4.34 then.

Please tell of this considerable evidence in their 2 cases...
Jones has a very poor domestic record.
Giles' ER is 4.45 against ODI-standard sides. Which is hardly that impressive given the stage of innings at which he almost invariably bowls, and how much ODI cricket he's missed.