Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Assessing the Teams

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt52
    WEAKNESSES::
    Batting is not as good as other teams
    Bowling is not as good as other teams
    i would think that a Bond, Vettori, Oram(if he bowls the way he can) and Mills is better than most teams. Franklin though IMO is clearly not ODI standard and shouldnt come near the side. What worries me about NZ is that their batting is at an absolute trough, probably the worst batting lineup when compared to the last 4 world cups. Fleming hasnt had a good series in ages, Astle is quite simply Astle, Oram it appears doesnt seem to be able to transition his game to a format which should be completely suited to him, while i have no idea what the deal is with Hamish Marshall at the moment. I dont think anyone has had a bad trot as poor as his. I never like to write NZ off because they are the side that always seem to compete , but their batting lineup leaves a lot to be desired at the moment.
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool
    i would think that a Bond, Vettori, Oram(if he bowls the way he can) and Mills is better than most teams. Franklin though IMO is clearly not ODI standard and shouldnt come near the side. What worries me about NZ is that their batting is at an absolute trough, probably the worst batting lineup when compared to the last 4 world cups. Fleming hasnt had a good series in ages, Astle is quite simply Astle, Oram it appears doesnt seem to be able to transition his game to a format which should be completely suited to him, while i have no idea what the deal is with Hamish Marshall at the moment. I dont think anyone has had a bad trot as poor as his. I never like to write NZ off because they are the side that always seem to compete , but their batting lineup leaves a lot to be desired at the moment.
    Franklin will definately go to the World Cup, but like you, I don't believe the time is right for him to make the starting eleven.

I'd like to see this team lineup, with the option of including Jeetan Patel over Mills if the pitch suits.

Vincent
    Fleming
    Astle
    Fulton
    Styris
    Taylor
    McCullum
    Oram
    Vettori
    Mills
    Bond

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by James
    Franklin will definately go to the World Cup, but like you, I don't believe the time is right for him to make the starting eleven.

I'd like to see this team lineup, with the option of including Jeetan Patel over Mills if the pitch suits.

Vincent
    Fleming
    Astle
    Fulton
    Styris
    Taylor
    McCullum
    Oram
    Vettori
    Mills
    Bond
    would you not consider someone like papps who didnt get the chance to prove himself in ODIs despite averaging an impressive 51.75 at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool
    would you not consider someone like papps who didnt get the chance to prove himself in ODIs despite averaging an impressive 51.75 at the moment?
    I don't think so, he hasn't really been in the ODI frame since his initial injury 18 months ago and Vincent gives more to the side with his all-round game IMO.

Like you, the batting continues to be a concern, but to our advantage, the pitches are likely to be slow in the West Indies, much like in New Zealand, so that should be in our favour.

If we get our top team on the park, we'll give any nation a run for their money. Bond and Vettori obviously being the keys.

Well looking at the pitches in the windies during their current home season, it very likely that next years world cup will be full of high scoring matches. Looking at the 8 major sides in world cricket all of them have the batting that can do well on the flat pitches & small grounds in the Caribbean, so for me the winners will be the side with the best bowling attack will win the world cup that why i have Australia, South Africa & Pakistan with the best chances of winning.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information