• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Assessing the Teams

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
chaminda_00 said:
Bradshaw would make my side on the back of his lower order batting and greater consistency.
word, its a tight run between Collymore or Collins tough, if the selectors want just an accurate bowler who can move it around once conditions assist then Collymore is the go. But Collins offers the same thing but with variety since he's a left-armer. I'd go for him since i think he would be more dangerous than Collymore.

Bradshaw has to play would be a good 1st chance bowler & gives the lower good strenght as you said & Edwards according to relatives who watched the recent NZ series said he has improved a lot as a OD bowler.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
wouldn't you have Collymore and Collins in the opening the bowling, unless off course Liam has brainwashed you and Kelly has jumped infront of them both.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
chaminda_00 said:
wouldn't you have Collymore and Collins in the opening the bowling, unless off course Liam has brainwashed you and Kelly has jumped infront of them both.
Kelly doesn't factor into it. Edwards has to take the new ball. He bowled well at the start and end of the innings in New Zealand and has generally bowled well at the start. He needs the new ball as well as the onld ball to make his biggest impact. Collins also needs the new ball to impact, because he will get the ball to swing most when it's new, if conditions allow.

If Collins plays ahead of Collymore, he opens the bowling with Edwards. Bradshaw will then be the first change for mine. If Collymore is ahead of Collins, Bradshaw gets the new ball and Collymore is first change.

The way I see it, Edwards bowling well has to be in the team. If the West Indies are to choose 3 seamers, the choice is 2 from Collins/Collymore/Bradshaw. I think Bennett King feels the same, and as things stand right now, Edwards is a first choice seamer regardless of the availability of Collins and Collymore.

oz_fan

International Regular
After seeing Collymore bowl against the Australians in the recent test series I would go with him. He was the WI most accurate and consistent bowler and I think that him and Edwards would make a good opening pair.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Bangladesh

Likely Team
1 Javed Omar
2 Shahriar Nafees
3 Rajin Saleh or Alok Kapali (at number six, Aftab at three)
4 Habibul Bashar
5 Mohammad Ashraful
6 Aftab Ahmed
7 Khaled Mashud
8 Mohammad Rafique
9 Mashrafe Mortaza
10 Syed Rasel
11 Shahadat Hossain or Tapash Baisya

Strengths
Settled squad
Mashrafe with the new ball
Rafique ties up the batsmen mid-innings
Big hitters in Ashraful, Aftab, Rafique, Mashrafe
Plenty of talent and enthusiasm

Weaknesses
Still a young side
Batting prone to collapse
Opening pair rarely make big runs together
Lack of a real fifth bowler without substantially weakening the batting
They're all midgets, and might be a bit short on bouncy West Indian tracks

Darren

Cricket Spectator
England

Liklely Team
1. Marcus Trescothick
2. Andrew Strauss
3. Michael Vaughan
4. Kevin Pietersen
5. Andrew 'Freddie' Flintoff
6. Paul Collingwood
7. Geriant Jones
8. Ashley Giles
9. Liam Plunkett
10.Stephen Harmison
11. Simon Jones

Why I have picked this side
1. Liam Plunkett I think will get the nod ahead of Anderson because of his batting abilty,as if he didnt England would have a exented tail with a hardly reliable batting lineup

2. Its the same side apart from Gough dancing hes way out that performed well against Australia and Bangladesh in the Natwest Series 2005 and Natwest Challange.

3. It near to the test team as Duncan Flecther has said he said.

Some Advice
1. Please drop players like Solanki, Ali and Batty who are not good enough.
2. Get some kind of batting plan to follow.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Darren said:
Why I have picked this side
1. Liam Plunkett I think will get the nod ahead of Anderson because of his batting abilty,as if he didnt England would have a exented tail with a hardly reliable batting lineup[/SIZE].
But don't you pick bowlers to bowl? Is Plunkett a better bowler than Anderson?

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Darren said:
1. Please drop players like Solanki, Ali and Batty who are not good enough.
I actually think Solanki is worth a place in the England ODI lineup. He's a better bet (IMO) than Vaughan, plus is worth more because of his fielding. He hasn't done too badly after a very poor start to his career.

Ming

State 12th Man
Likely Team:

1 Vincent
2 McCullum
3 Vincent
4 Fleming
5 Marshall
6 Taylor
7 Styris
8 Oram
9 Vettori
10 Mills
11 Bond

Strengths? World beating side.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Ming said:
Likely Team:

1 Vincent
2 McCullum
3 Vincent
4 Fleming
5 Marshall
6 Taylor
7 Styris
8 Oram
9 Vettori
10 Mills
11 Bond

Strengths? World beating side.
Which other Vincent are you picking?

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Tikolo [infinitely]> Davison.

Tikolo's Batting > Davison's batting
Davison's Bowing > Tikolo's Bowling
Davison's Fielding > Tikolo's fielding

Davison wins 2-1

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Dizzy #4 said:

Davison wins 2-1
Tikolo's captaincy > Davison's captaincy

2-2 :p

Mr Mxyzptlk

Dizzy #4 said:

Davison wins 2-1
Hmmm....

Tikolo's batting >>>>> Davison's batting.
Davison's bowling > Tikolo's bowling.
Davison's fielding > Tikolo's fielding.

Winner = Tikolo on the merit of 5 >s to 2.

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Hmmm....

Tikolo's batting >>>>> Davison's batting.
Davison's bowling > Tikolo's bowling.
Davison's fielding > Tikolo's fielding.

Winner = Tikolo on the merit of 5 >s to 2.

Hell no, If Tikolo breaks a record, I might consider it!