• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Betting

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
We'd need a bit of luck, that's for sure. I think we have a pretty good ODI side at the moment and we do have a good history of going a decent way in World Cups. We just need to take it a step further.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
SA are always a good bet actually. They're also a good bet in the CT, not only for the win but they're paying well to just top their group.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Scaly piscine said:
India couldn't win a raffle if it mattered, let alone anything else. Another typical choke from them today, they can't handle even a little pressure so they've virtually no chance in a WC when there's far more pressure. I still think SA will choke as well, but at least now they have beaten Australia in a ODI series recently even if was after they got completely hammered in the Tests.

West Indies are the best bet there, home advantage is always a big help and they've still a few genii who can elevate their play above *any* opposition. England if their injuries clear up are going to come in a lot from 10-1, similarly if they retain the Ashes.
I wanted to reply to this to dispute it...but yea, we aren't winning with the choke-jobs that invariably seem to happen with the Indian team.

thierry henry

International Coach
NZ haven't been outside the top 4 for ages (actually we're quite clearly 3rd best now imo:ph34r: ) but we can't do better than 6th faves on anyone's odds. Ho hum.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nobody really rates NZ because there is always a big question mark over Shane Bond's fitness, if we could assure that he will be 100% fit then I'm sure we would be higher up on people's favourites lists.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
If were talking bets, Id go and put £10, or about $18 on West Indies lifting the cup. Serious

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
wi is a gud bet, although they are inconsistent theres always a chance with the crowd behind them they could upset aus again.
sri lanka are a good bet aswell

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
WI each way is a solid bet. I'd back them to reach at least the semi's no sweat, just not sure they wouldn't have a hiccup later on

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
World Cup Betting Thread

We had a thread like this during the Football WC that was quite fun, so I thought I'd start one here as well. There's quite a few people on CW who like a bet, and I imagine a lot of us will be putting something on the WC.

I'm going to head down tomorrow and put a bit of money in my TAB account in preperation.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The CH series loss for Australia is a godsend IMO - their odds will most likely rise by a bit now. If they do, I'll most certainly be having a punt on them.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wish I was 18 so I could pop down to the TAB and investigate a little further. I would probably put a few bob on South Africa or India.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
The CH series loss for Australia is a godsend IMO - their odds will most likely rise by a bit now. If they do, I'll most certainly be having a punt on them.
Yeah I'll put some on Australia overall. It's the game-to-game betting within the tournament that is most fun though, IMO.

coolsoul

Cricket Spectator
betting fundamentals

Hi Guys!

Newbie in betting world. Where can i get betting fundamentals explaining how betting system works and what are odds and what does it mean?

Thanks

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
If you're talking about online betting, I'd say they'd have that sort of info the help section of the site you intend to sign up for.

I'm not well versed enough in online betting to seriously recommend a site, though. Perhaps Jono or someone could help out.

Actually, speaking of that, TAB have changed their site a little since the last time I used it, so I might take this opportunity to switch to a different betting site myself.

coolsoul

Cricket Spectator
:mellow: not only online betting but in general like how odds are arrived at and what does it imply? and how people place their bets based on the odds? am not aware of even the fundamentals dude :huh: :mellow:

thx anyways