• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most likely source for an upset?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Well IMO Ireland are the 2nd best minnow side ATM and not they far off Bangladesh. So they have as much chance of knocking of the Windes as Bangladesh have of knocking of India or Sri Lanka. Remember its a 50 over game and anything can happen. If Ed Joyce doesn't play for them, i can't see it happening though, they could probably push the Windies, but not get over the line.

Also don't forget this match. Warm up match maybe, but it shows they are capable. In respect to an avatar challenge, don't think so, i like your picture-ese(sp) avatars too much. Maybe if you had an ugly mug like others on there. :p

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think for a 'one-off' game Bangladesh are definitely the favourites for an upset against the strongest teams. However, for the tournament the biggest worries for the stronger teams will be Pakistan and the West Indies. If either side were to manage to get to the semi-finals or the final they are capable of winning. West Indies should be boosted by the home crowd support.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
To be honest though Kyle, wouldn't you say that Pakistan are one of the bigger sides?
Yes, they are, but they are so unpredictable. They could storm through the early parts of the tournament and then reach the semi and get bowled out for under 100 or vice versa. I don't know if anyone actually expects them to win the whole tournament, so therefore it would be a little bit of an 'upset' if they actually won.

Steulen

International Regular
The Netherlands will beat Australia.

Just kidding.

Although I hope they can start the tournament in a similar vein to 2003, when they had India 204ao in their first match.