• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - Pakistan, West Indies, Zimbabwe, Ireland

James

Cricket Web Owner
For discussion around Group D which consists of Pakistan, West Indies, Zimbabwe and Ireland.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You in for the competing in a contest, again, eh, Sean...?
(Remember Neil's "we'll be reaching for the big red button if this continues"; "fer cryin' out loud, people! stop digging-up threads that were created when Parthiv was still in nappies!"
(BTW - your "Nostradamus" post means I've already won :p)

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
You in for the competing in a contest, again, eh, Sean...?
(Remember Neil's "we'll be reaching for the big red button if this continues"; "fer cryin' out loud, people! stop digging-up threads that were created when Parthiv was still in nappies!"
(BTW - your "Nostradamus" post means I've already won :p)
1) Aye, I remember. That was great :laugh:
2) Three out of four is still pretty monotonous. ;)

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I doubt he'll play anyway. If he has any ambitions to play test cricket, he won't.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
chaminda_00 said:
I'll put some money on Ireland to come 2nd, if Ed Joyce plays.
Don't think he wants to - but even if he did I can't see him alone conquering West Indies.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
steds said:
I doubt he'll play anyway. If he has any ambitions to play test cricket, he won't.
Hmmm. me recalls Hamilton playing for England after playing for Scotland. Have de rules changed?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
sirjeremy11 said:
Hmmm. me recalls Hamilton playing for England after playing for Scotland. Have de rules changed?
Now that's summat I'd never thought about. I know Hamilton couldn't play for Scotland for a while after he played for England, but it wasn't the other way around. Maybe the rule just applies to after playing test cricket for a nation?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Pakistan & WI should come out of this group without too much fuss. But i'd give Pakistan the nod to win the group outright.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
steds said:
Now that's summat I'd never thought about. I know Hamilton couldn't play for Scotland for a while after he played for England, but it wasn't the other way around. Maybe the rule just applies to after playing test cricket for a nation?
I think though that if England pick him for any of their A squads BEFORE the World Cup, then he is inelligable. Just in case they want him for themselves. I think the ICC should be very relaxed on rules when it comes to propping up the Minnows at the World Cup. Be great if they were not required for their home team (Joyce in this case for England), but they could play for Ireland etc without it affecting their test match chances. Make Bermuda pretty much WI A I guess...

DanielFullard

U19 Vice-Captain
aussie said:
Pakistan & WI should come out of this group without too much fuss. But i'd give Pakistan the nod to win the group outright.
Thats what Id predict too.

Zimbabwe are in such a mess right now but if they can pull a team together and get focused then maybe, just maybe, they can oust the West indies

steds

Hall of Fame Member
sirjeremy11 said:
I think though that if England pick him for any of their A squads BEFORE the World Cup, then he is inelligable.
Does the one he's on now count? :p

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
steds said:
Does the one he's on now count? :p
Dammit! Good point. I think it actually has something to do with if he is selected in the larger England squad prior to the WC (think they have to pick 30 or 40). I think. I don't actually know!