• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - Pakistan, West Indies, Zimbabwe, Ireland

pacespinner

Cricket Spectator
Hahahahha, you caught my sarcasm, nice work. Yes it was meant to be sarcastic. Here I will post more then one smiley face. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah Zimbabwe are more consistent in being not consistent even in appearing for cricket game, forget about making runs.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
I resent that comment.
There is no force in the universe capable of preventing you arguing with someone who thinks the minnows are anything more than a joke.:laugh:

Here is a test:
Scotland will win the world cup and then play test cricket....

here it comes.. wait for it....

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
zim isnt going to lose to ireland no matter how much they suck right now
Well Bangladesh (who Zimbabwe appear to be weaker than) lost pretty badly to most First-Class counties, who are only slightly stronger than Ireland.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There is no force in the universe capable of preventing you arguing with someone who thinks the minnows are anything more than a joke.:laugh:

Here is a test:
Scotland will win the world cup and then play test cricket....

here it comes.. wait for it....
Scotland already play Test cricket. As part of the team inaccurately christened "England". There have been many excellent Scottish cricketers.

pacespinner

Cricket Spectator
OK you know what, Bangladesh is weakest (Or Zimbabwe) of them all that we have today as test or one day playing nations. I would want Nepal and UAE to come into action too, may be world cup for the hell of it...
I love U19 Nepal, probably coz I don't know any of the players and they have beaten Pakistan, New Zealand, and SA U19 teams. Let others come in action as well. I am tired of watching the same people play the damn game. I want countries like Nepal, UAE, Namibia and the rest to come up and play international.

pacespinner

Cricket Spectator
:blink: I don't understand why are u refering to the European freshwater fish, Phoxinus phoxinus. :blink: what u talkin about???:blink:

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
Scotland already play Test cricket. As part of the team inaccurately christened "England". There have been many excellent Scottish cricketers.
On a serious note... what about the dutch? should they play for england aswell. Theres not much of a precedent as far as i know, apart from the odd one like kervezee playing in the county championship.

Fair enough you may make the argument that they arnt good enough, but is it right to expect them to play as "the british isles" as you put it.

I think with some investment the game could really take off there. Its close enough to have lots of tours from english sides, or even to have a team in the cc or atleast the 2nd XI cc like scotland. From what i hear a little investment in the future there could go along way, as there is already a half decent structure in place

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
On a serious note... what about the dutch? should they play for england aswell. Theres not much of a precedent as far as i know, apart from the odd one like kervezee playing in the county championship.

Fair enough you may make the argument that they arnt good enough, but is it right to expect them to play as "the british isles" as you put it.

I think with some investment the game could really take off there. Its close enough to have lots of tours from english sides, or even to have a team in the cc or atleast the 2nd XI cc like scotland. From what i hear a little investment in the future there could go along way, as there is already a half decent structure in place
Has there ever been a Dutchman who came close to playing for England? I can't remember any.

I don't see any reason why Holland should be part of the team called "England"... unless they want to.

There's no precedent there, unlike in the cases of Ireland and Scotland. Cricket has been there for centuries, and there's always been an inexurable connection to the English counties (and the one Welsh one). I honestly don't have a clue about the Dutch case.

Steulen? Tarick?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, not at all. I was perfectly genuine.

Douglas Jardine, to name one of countless examples.

Mike Denness.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Like who?.John Blain,Gavin Hamilton,Dougie Brown:laugh:
Hamilton and Brown certainly aren't the worst. IMO Hamilton, with a bit of good fortune, could've made a top-class international all-rounder. Not quite so sure about Blain, though.

Scotland cricket is oft-underrated.