• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C - New Zealand, England, Kenya, Canada

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Match analysis, as dictated by Scaly piscine.

The NZ - Kenya match was not a fair reflection of how close in standard the two teams are. Obviously New Zealand had the better of the batting and bowling conditions. Fleming was poor and his farcical runout proves it. Ross Taylor obviously can't bat because he cramps all the time, and Craig McMillan was just lucky that his reckless slogging came off today. As usual, Shane Bond was making the tournament boring by not taking five or six wickets, which shows how overrated he really is. Kenya showed that they are a much better side today - had the dice fallen their way the result could easily have been reversed. If they play as well in their next game, they obviously won't win because they are playing England and everyone knows England are awesome.
Actually I'd have just summed it up by saying New Zealand with Bond bowling in the mid 80s are painfully mediocre and have virtually no chance of winning the World Cup. If I'm going to stir you NZ fans up a bit I try to keep it short before your minds inevitably drift back to all things ovine.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Actually I'd have just summed it up by saying New Zealand with Bond bowling in the mid 80s are painfully mediocre and have virtually no chance of winning the World Cup.
Hahahahaha.

Seriously, disappointing response. Can't you use that hate-filled mind of yours in a more entertaining manner?

Fiery

Banned
Actually I'd have just summed it up by saying New Zealand with Bond bowling in the mid 80s are painfully mediocre and have virtually no chance of winning the World Cup. If I'm going to stir you NZ fans up a bit I try to keep it short before your minds inevitably drift back to all things ovine.
He's just warming up Scaly ;)

Bovines for me. (I grew up on a dairy farm)

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Are you related to Stephen Jones, Scaly???? or are you even Stephen Jones in disguise!?

Macka

U19 Vice-Captain
Match analysis, as dictated by Scaly piscine.

Shane Bond was making the tournament boring by not taking five or six wickets, which shows how overrated he really is.
Eh? The bloke averages under 20, has the best strike rate of all time (heresay, but he's always been up there). No one is going to take 5 or 6 wickets per game in 10 overs consistently. And, you know, it's possible he could be holding back against the mighty Kenyans...

He's an absolute legend. Best ODI bowler in the world.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Eh? The bloke averages under 20, has the best strike rate of all time (heresay, but he's always been up there). No one is going to take 5 or 6 wickets per game in 10 overs consistently. And, you know, it's possible he could be holding back against the mighty Kenyans...

He was being sarcastic my friend, impersonating Scaly.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
2 posts.

From those two is was pretty clear :dry:
Yeah sorry about that, I was way off. In other news, who's to say I wasn't taking the piss or having a bit of light hearted fun with it? I never gave a formal opinion. I wrote two lines that most would interpret as jokes.

Blaze

Banned
lol at people defending Flintoff.

He is at a WC. His job is being a professional cricketer. He gets paid to represent his country. Why the hell would you want to get hammered during the middle of the biggest ODI tournament of your career?

I couldn't really comment on whether he has a drinking problem. It could just be a case of him lacking maturity...

Raghav

Pity Flintoff. Cuaght on the wrong side. But these things happen with sportspersons at some time or the other. But he got a heany penalty. Pity him...

Cameron-Moss

U19 12th Man
He was pissed when he came back from boozing at 4am and was seen sunbathing at half 4 and then went on lilo for a little rest in the pool. :laugh:

Dick Rockett

Hahahaha, dead set, that's the wrongest stick end I've ever seen someone grasp :p