• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C - New Zealand, England, Kenya, Canada

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Strauss, Mahmood and Bopara. Lewis doesn't need to be replaced because he didn't play.
I'm quite sure he was joking though.
Actually I'm not.

What they've done is a disgrace and nothing would let them know that it is more than by not selecting them for the next game.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So it's worth sacrificing the Super Eight for?

I for one am now taking nothing for granted against Kenya. Settling petty disputes can be solved elsewhere.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
I don't think NZ "utterly outclassed England in all departments". They got the significant benefit of conditions, which has probably made it an easy win for NZ. Watch Vaughan trying to pull the ball in the first innings. Compare it with Styris. Styris got a few boundaries (nice one Jimmy) and Vaughan got a few mis-hits and a ball onto the stumps.

It's a shame the toss should play a part in the game as it happened a lot in the last World Cup with day-nighters, but it clearly has effected this match.

NZ would have probably played the early conditions better than England anyway, but we'll never know now. You can't bowl sides out on pitches like this and England couldn't force the pace, so where were England going to claw the difference back?
Hahaha, be sure to let us all know when you've found your missing eye.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I don't like the sound of this by John Bracewell.... Hopefully he's learnt from the Ireland/Pakistan game that you don't take the minnows for granted.

Nevertheless he will rotate his side for the remaining group games against Kenya and Canada on Wednesday and Friday.

"In the Kenya and Canada games we'll make sure the whole squad gets a run out now we have got this one of out the way," he said.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
:lol: at 16toS coming-in and making the exact same comment every other Kiwi who read the thread did! :laugh:
I know I shouldn't be surprised every time he posts something like that, but I just can't understand how he can possibly be so utterly, abjectly biased.

He doesn't even like one day cricket, ffs.

James: too true mate. Luckily Braces has remained firmly in the background lately. Let's hope we beat Canada and Kenya and we don't have to start baying for the idiot's blood again.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I don't like the sound of this by John Bracewell.... Hopefully he's learnt from the Ireland/Pakistan game that you don't take the minnows for granted.
I shall henceforth cringe whenever I hear such statements... be greatful for small mercies, FCOL... :wacko:

pup11

International Coach
Shocking to hear Freddie being so reckless he definietly needs to dropped for today's game (atleast).

Evermind

International Debutant
Amusing quote from one of the BBC blog comments:

"A typical England performance is what I'd call what I witnessed, the customary batting collapse, a gritty if somewhat comical fightback ( I say this because even tho he scored 40 odd I'm still at a loss as to Nixons inclusion and after hearing his dulcit tones through the stump microphone all innings I can only conclude that all the oppsing batsmen hear is blah eurgh der dar ner *** on boys ner bler, his wicket keeping was somewhat errrm interesting!)"

PY

International Coach
I'm appalled that they went out drinking after that terrible performance on Friday. They should be ashamed of themselves, they obviously aren't taking the WC seriously enough if they topped up at 4am less than 48 hours before an important game.