• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C - New Zealand, England, Kenya, Canada

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
33/3from3.3 said:
He wasn't knocking your predictions, he was knocking mine.

No.
Nowhere at all.
Pietersen in, I suppose, but one man, even of that calibre, doesn't make a huge difference.
England have been going backwards in ODIs virtually non-stop since 1992.
I havn't been tracking their ODI progress of late, and I assumed with the Ashes win they got better in ODIs too. Obviously mistaken.

Carry on.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
BlackCap_Fan said:
I havn't been tracking their ODI progress of late, and I assumed with the Ashes win they got better in ODIs too. Obviously mistaken.
England matched Australia pretty evenly in the ODIs i thought...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And that's one of a rare set of occasions in the last 5 years that we've played good ODI cricket.
In any case - Australia's 3 victories were all convincing; England had 1 convincing victory and 1 incredible turnaround 1; there was 1 tie and a no-result where Australia well on-top.
While England played better than normal, the 3-2-Australia scoreline wasn't the most revealing thing in The World.

TIF

U19 Debutant
As opposed to what evryone believes, Surprise, surprise, Kenya and Canada will be the 2 teams which will happen to qualify from this group. Canada are not just John Davison. They do have some more good players in there and one of their bowlers bowled at around 140-145 kph in the World cup 2003 if I am not wrong. Kenya, still have some cricket left in them and Kenyan cricket is not dead. Also, Kenya is not just Tikolo and they have some more quality players in there.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
TIF said:
As opposed to what evryone believes, Surprise, surprise, Kenya and Canada will be the 2 teams which will happen to qualify from this group. Canada are not just John Davison. They do have some more good players in there and one of their bowlers bowled at around 140-145 kph in the World cup 2003 if I am not wrong. Kenya, still have some cricket left in them and Kenyan cricket is not dead. Also, Kenya is not just Tikolo and they have some more quality players in there.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Funniest post of the week award?

TIF

U19 Debutant
marc71178 said:
You also said Nepal would win the U19 WC.
I never said that Nepal will "win" the u-19 World cup. Just said that they were Pool D favourites and will top their Pool beating England and Zimbabwe. To win the World cup, I was expecting either India or Bangladesh to pull it off.

Barney Rubble said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Funniest post of the week award?
So u happen to think that I was being serious in that post?:wacko:

Barney Rubble

International Coach
TIF said:
I never said that Nepal will "win" the u-19 World cup. Just said that they were Pool D favourites and will top their Pool beating England and Zimbabwe. To win the World cup, I was expecting either India or Bangladesh to pull it off.

So u happen to think that I was being serious in that post?:wacko:
Actually I did. :ph34r: It was funnier that way. :D

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well his arrogant bias doesn't actually count for much in this instance - NZ are much the best side of the 2 and I'd expect it to remain that way in a year's time.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Richard said:
Well his arrogant bias doesn't actually count for much in this instance - NZ are much the best side of the 2 and I'd expect it to remain that way in a year's time.
Exactly. Couldn't agree more.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
ICC to make pathetic England qualify

Breaking news is that the ICC have decided we are going to have to qualify for the World Cup because we are so bad. We will have to play a series of qualifers against Liechenstein, Andorra, Luxembourg and the Cook Islands. This is seen as rather a strange move because the draw has already been made, but it is thought the ICC are worried that teams like Bangladesh, Zimbabwe, ireland and Bermuda will not take the English side seriously and rest players if they come up against them, thus devaluing the quality for the viewing public, therefore meaning less money from advertisers.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
GeraintIsMyHero said:
ICC to make pathetic England qualify

Breaking news is that the ICC have decided we are going to have to qualify for the World Cup because we are so bad. We will have to play a series of qualifers against Liechenstein, Andorra, Luxembourg and the Cook Islands. This is seen as rather a strange move because the draw has already been made, but it is thought the ICC are worried that teams like Bangladesh, Zimbabwe, ireland and Bermuda will not take the English side seriously and rest players if they come up against them, thus devaluing the quality for the viewing public, therefore meaning less money from advertisers.
:laugh: I love the name of the Cricinfo story.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
NZ and England are going to see a fair bit of each other in the VB Series, I guess we'll find out then who's ahead of one another.