• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C - New Zealand, England, Kenya, Canada

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Cricinfo said:
13.3 Cummins to Tikolo, 1 wide, dire bowling at this stage, that one started wide and got wider outside the off stump. An easy one for the umpire
It's catching. How long before it makes the headlines of The Times?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I had a law lecture last week in which the lecturer used "dire" three times. More disturbing is that I counted.

Anyway, go Tikolo.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Tikolo shows his class. I've said it before, but had he been born in a Test playing country, he would have been a solid international for anyone bar Australia.

Good to see Tanmay Mishra get a few runs as well. He's Shah's replacement at number three when he retires.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Any news on Anderson? What's most important is that I need to amend my Fantasy Team in good time if he's out. And I believe Ntini is out as well. Dire.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
ITBT... FWIW... LOL, LMAO, ROFL, ROFLMAO et al are all DIRE... FFS...TBH.......(TIC)
For a long time I've been considering starting a thread on OT where we attempt to explain all abbrev.s... mebbe you might push me over t'edge...

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Any news on Anderson? What's most important is that I need to amend my Fantasy Team in good time if he's out. And I believe Ntini is out as well. Dire.
Anderson has been included in the team for tomorrow, since he's only broken his little finger on his left hand; it could be a lot worse. Should play, but not 100%.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
For a long time I've been considering starting a thread on OT where we attempt to explain all abbrev.s... mebbe you might push me over t'edge...
I thought about putting together a "Beginner's Guide to CW", but decided not to on the grounds that I'm not on here often enough and wouldn't do it justice.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
McMillan and Fulton have both been passed fit for tonights game. So I see the NZ putting up this lineup

Fleming
Vincent
Taylor
Fulton
McMillan
Oram
McCullum
Franklin
Vettori
Bond
Patel

Or do you think they will rest one of McMillan or Fulton and give Styris us shot?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
McMillan and Fulton have both been passed fit for tonights game. So I see the NZ putting up this lineup

Fleming
Vincent
Taylor
Fulton
McMillan
Oram
McCullum
Franklin
Vettori
Bond
Patel

Or do you think they will rest one of McMillan or Fulton and give Styris us shot?
Yup, I think they will go with Styris and Macca over the in-form Fulton since they are both bowling options. Like you, I would definately play both Vettori and Patel.

Fiery

Banned
It looks a pretty good line-up to me, whoever plays out of those 3 in the middle order. I think Styris should play though. We need to get some good overs out of someone who can bat and he is a key to us winning the thing with his all-round ability...so he needs as much game-time as possible to get back in form, I reckon. Confident about tonight's game actually.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Yup, I think they will go with Styris and Macca over the in-form Fulton since they are both bowling options. Like you, I would definately play both Vettori and Patel.
Yeah, I can see them giving Styris a chance in the early pool matches. If he can get back to any sort of form he can be a relly important asset for NZ, not just with his batting but with the ball aswell (especially on these slow tracks).
But, as you said, Fulton IS in-form. If Styris doesnt display any good signs then i can see the selectors leaving the part time bowling just to McMillan and chosing Fulton at 4

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
It looks a pretty good line-up to me, whoever plays out of those 3 in the middle order. I think Styris should play though. We need to get some good overs out of someone who can bat and he is a key to us winning the thing with his all-round ability...so he needs as much game-time as possible to get back in form, I reckon. Confident about tonight's game actually.
Yip.

The 2st BIG GAME of the tournament. I think Vettori and Patel will play a big role.

Lucky for me the game starts at 10.30pm here. Feel sorry for all you guys who gotta wait up til 2.30am :laugh: Well, at least day light savings ends soon

Fiery

Banned
Yeah, I can see them giving Styris a chance in the early pool matches. If he can get back to any sort of form he can be a relly important asset for NZ, not just with his batting but with the ball aswell (especially on these slow tracks).
But, as you said, Fulton IS in-form. If Styris doesnt display any good signs then i can see the selectors leaving the part time bowling just to McMillan and chosing Fulton at 4
Agreed. I wouldn't describe this as an "early pool match" though. This game is vital really