• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C - New Zealand, England, Kenya, Canada

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I really don't think NZ's loss in the warm up means anything IMO, with regard to their form. When the real meaning ful matches start , I expect the Black Caps will go all out at full throttle.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
You want the basis? I am still betting that on the previous records against some good teams and on the basis of better players in KEN and with the future best supporting KEN, I support KEN. If you don't believe just stop talking and lets wait till WC 2007
ok, BD just beat NZ(although it was a warm up, still a victory is a victory) now time for Kenya to beat 'em since you say Kenya's "better" than BD...

been busy may not reply quickly...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And Ireland almost beat South Africa...

Warm-ups are utterly and totally meaningless so far as results are concerned, the only point in them is to have nets in the centre.

Natman20

International Debutant
And Ireland almost beat South Africa...

Warm-ups are utterly and totally meaningless so far as results are concerned, the only point in them is to have nets in the centre.
Completely agree. The bowling patterns show that they were just getting everyone to practise.

The_Bunny

State Regular
New Zealand

Extras: (3b,4lb,17w,9nb) 33

TOTAL: (for eight wickets) 285

Overs: 50.

Sri Lanka

Extras: (4b,7lb,13w,7nb) 31

TOTAL: (all out) 267

Overs: 48.2.

Fiery

Banned
New Zealand

Extras: (3b,4lb,17w,9nb) 33

TOTAL: (for eight wickets) 285

Overs: 50.

Sri Lanka

Extras: (4b,7lb,13w,7nb) 31

TOTAL: (all out) 267

Overs: 48.2.
mmm, I think the number of wides and no-balls can be excused in a warm-up as bowlers are trying to fine-tune things like their run-ups and trying a few things.

Last edited:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Looking at England side for the opening game, 10 of the 11 positions are secure IMO. The debate is between Lewis/Plunkett for the final bowling spot. At this stage i would go for Plunks since i have my doubts over Lewis on how effective he will be in the windies, plus Plunks adds gives the lower order more batting depth since the bloke has some serious batting ability.

Fiery

Banned
Looking at England side for the opening game, 10 of the 11 positions are secure IMO. The debate is between Lewis/Plunkett for the final bowling spot. At this stage i would go for Plunks since i have my doubts over Lewis on how effective he will be in the windies, plus Plunks adds gives the lower order more batting depth since the bloke has some serious batting ability.
Plunkett looks the better player from what I've seen

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Better batsman, yes, better bowler? Not a chance.

They're both bowlers who, for penetration, rely entirely on the ball swinging (which it doesn't often do for that long at the current time, especially in West Indies which has always been the hardest place to attain swing), the difference is that Lewis has more propensity to bowl accurately, where he's probably 60\40 between spraying it and getting it right Plunkett is generally more 20\80 at the absolute best.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The worry for me about NZ is that our bowling bench strength is not particularly good aside from Jeetan Patel. The loss of Kyle Mills was a killer blow and that might be crucial if we make it as far as the semi finals.

Our batting order is developing really well but I think after the World Cup we've got to be looking for some new bowling talent to come through.

Kriketer

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I hope Canada wins against Kenya, and atleast put up a good fight against New Zealand and England.