• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C - New Zealand, England, Kenya, Canada

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:lol: You got an avatar without knowing how? :lol:

It's easy, you just go to your User CP (top-ish left - press the Home key to get it onto screen), click the "Edit Avatar" link at the bottom of the 6 options on the left, and either select "Do not use an avatar" or pick one from one of the multitude of options (there are many other Simpsons ones if you desire) then press the "Save Changes" button. :)

pacespinner

Cricket Spectator
Guys did any one see the game between NZ and Australia. I know Ponting and other main players were not there, but beating with 10 wickets ....PRICE.LESS!!!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Australia had only themselves to blame for the 10-wicket margin after missing Vincent 4 times.

pacespinner

Cricket Spectator
Are we seein a weakness in the over inflated ego of Australian team, or this is just a jestin before the WC. Hard to tell, but now it's known that if there is no Ponting, there is no team, and plus Warne has retired and mcGrath alone cannot take all the wickets..

pacespinner

Cricket Spectator
Oh yes you reminded me England can beat India provided they bat all the way through and Bell holds the middle order...

Australia, as much I like their cricket and their unity, I feel that they really have over-inflated-ego.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Feeling a bit more confident about our WC chances no after the 1st Chappell-Hadlee game, say what you like about the Australian's being under-par or Vincent being missed four times I beleive that the Black Caps put in a performance that deserves recognition and excitement from the New Zealand fans. In particular I have much more confidence in Lou Vincent, who has tightened up around his off-stump in the realisation that he doesn't have to score off every ball he faces. I feel this was particularly noticable in Australia, where he batted himself in and then was able to take advantage of his speed between the wickets later in the innings. Stephen Fleming also looks like he could be striking form, but equally he could score two golden ducks in the remaining games before the World Cup.

Losing Oram for the first few games is a major blow, and hopefully he will be okay to play later in the tournament, presuming ofcourse that we make it past the group stage. With Bond actually having played a few games without breaking down and Mark Gillespie impressing on a number of occasions I feel that we have a new-ball pair who can be genuinely threatening. With Tuffey, Franklin and Mason all providing their different strengths our pace bowling looks pretty good. Add to that Vettori, Patel and our other slow bowlers like McMillan and Styris then that part of our attack is solid through the middle overs.

Peter Fulton, Ross Taylor and Scott Styris will presumably bat at 3, 4 and 5 and I don't have too much of a problem with that. McMillan will slide in at 6 while Oram is injured and depending on how he goes, may replace Fulton when Oram returns. McCullum at 7 is still making handy contributions but doesn't look as good as he used to and I think moving him up the order has confused him a little bit. Still, I'm looking forward to staying up all night and hopefully seeing our boys triumph.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
TBH I would love to see Jeetan Patel getting a game in either of these next two matches.Him and Vettori in the WC on probably low,slow pitches will be very difficult to get away.Have always been impressed with Patel whenever I've seen him play.Not sure about Tuffey however,don't know if he has the penetration to be of great value on the WI pitches.His lack of pace might count against him.

Last edited:

pacespinner

Cricket Spectator
Feeling a bit more confident about our WC chances no after the 1st Chappell-Hadlee game, say what you like about the Australian's being under-par or Vincent being missed four times I beleive that the Black Caps put in a performance that deserves recognition and excitement from the New Zealand fans. In particular I have much more confidence in Lou Vincent, who has tightened up around his off-stump in the realisation that he doesn't have to score off every ball he faces. I feel this was particularly noticable in Australia, where he batted himself in and then was able to take advantage of his speed between the wickets later in the innings. Stephen Fleming also looks like he could be striking form, but equally he could score two golden ducks in the remaining games before the World Cup.

Losing Oram for the first few games is a major blow, and hopefully he will be okay to play later in the tournament, presuming ofcourse that we make it past the group stage. With Bond actually having played a few games without breaking down and Mark Gillespie impressing on a number of occasions I feel that we have a new-ball pair who can be genuinely threatening. With Tuffey, Franklin and Mason all providing their different strengths our pace bowling looks pretty good. Add to that Vettori, Patel and our other slow bowlers like McMillan and Styris then that part of our attack is solid through the middle overs.

Peter Fulton, Ross Taylor and Scott Styris will presumably bat at 3, 4 and 5 and I don't have too much of a problem with that. McMillan will slide in at 6 while Oram is injured and depending on how he goes, may replace Fulton when Oram returns. McCullum at 7 is still making handy contributions but doesn't look as good as he used to and I think moving him up the order has confused him a little bit. Still, I'm looking forward to staying up all night and hopefully seeing our boys triumph.

If only Bond could produce good spells and Vittori was there at the other end, doin his job well, also Fleming, if he coud hold on to his bat a little longer, they could very well be WC finals contender. They deserve it, coz I feel that they have always been underdogs. Like Colts in superbowl this year.

meatspx

U19 Cricketer
Do bowlers get swing in the West Indies?

Looks like Tuffey is not bowling 'seam up' which is unforgivable. The selectors atleast should have selected a bowler who is presenting the seam, ie, Chris Martin. And in hindsight Harry would have been useful the first couple of games replacing Jacob Oram.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Do bowlers get swing in the West Indies?
Good bowlers with a good ball get swing anywhere.

Of all the cricketing countries, West Indies has historically been the hardest to get swing in all things being equal.

IE, on a damp, cloudy day in England, the ball will swing more than on a damp, cloudy day in West Indies (added to the fact that damp, cloudy days are more common in England than West Indies). And the ball will swing more at night in England than at night in West Indies. Or at day. Or on a clear, sunny day. Or... etc. etc.

shortpitched713

International Captain
IE, on a damp, cloudy day in England, the ball will swing more than on a damp, cloudy day in West Indies (added to the fact that damp, cloudy days are more common in England than West Indies).
Maybe its because damp, cloudy days in England are more damp and cloudy than damp and cloudy days in the West Indies. :unsure:

pacespinner

Cricket Spectator
eHAHAHAH...eeehaaaaaa...funny, but who knows they might. Anyone knows how Canada is? I know how kenya is eHAHAHA...ehaaaaa..SORRY:laugh: