• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Sri Lanka, India, Bangladesh, Bermuda

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
That has more to do with population and supply of other sports entertainment, I mean cricket would probably take up 90% of sports followers in IND, not so in other countries case. The big 3 are not really holding IND back from achieving great heights, you can replace them with 3 new players right now and not much would change probably for worse I'd say. IND peaked its heighest with last world cup in 03, and that IMO was due to IND having 3 bowlers who ended up in top 10 wicket takers for the tourney (bit of luck than talent related). That is not gonna happen with the current lot of bowlers, or anything thats in reserve.

Yes, I know if these three are sent out of the team now, it will not change much. But the next series being against BAN , there is always a scope for new player to get in and be ready for the bigger stage.

This is the perfect platform for these three to retire from the game

adharcric

International Coach
adharcric........You need to luagh at your results only....laugh until you get mad abt your IND cricket
Results? India's WC performance is irrelevant to Dravid, Tendulkar and Ganguly going down in history as top-class cricketers. Go ask fans outside of India - you'll find out.

Last edited:

Raghav

Results? India's WC performance is irrelevant to Dravid, Tendulkar and Ganguly going down in history as top-class cricketers. Go ask fans outside of India - you'll find out.

Your superstars perform against minnows and against low key affairs and succumb to high pressure games and you still want to carry that tag....ridiculous.....

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Your superstars perform against minnows and against low key affairs and succumb to high pressure games and you still want to carry that tag....ridiculous.....
Regardless of how poor India are/were/have been, Dravid, Tendulkar and Ganguly are still top quality ODI performers.

How many games his side wins is completely irrelevent to how good a player is. You don't see people rubbishing Andy Flower just because Zimbabwe were a poor side, for example.

Raghav

Regardless of how poor India are/were/have been, Dravid, Tendulkar and Ganguly are still top quality ODI performers.

How many games his side wins is completely irrelevent to how good a player is. You don't see people rubbishing Andy Flower just because Zimbabwe were a poor side, for example.
Hello, I am not relating them with the team results...I am only asking them how their performances are reflecting their results. Are they performing actually when it matters most.. Andy Flower was all time great bcoz he tried to get his side to winning position, but here in this case, commitiment is missing from these three guns...Pitiable stuation are they in

adharcric

International Coach
Hello, I am not relating them with the team results...I am only asking them how their performances are reflecting their results. Are they performing actually when it matters most.. Andy Flower was all time great bcoz he tried to get his side to winning position, but here in this case, commitiment is missing from these three guns...Pitiable stuation are they in
Dravid, Tendulkar AND Ganguly lack commitment?

EDIT: Just saw your response. Good luck with that one.

Last edited:

JustTool

State 12th Man

Agreed 100%. Rahul has performed admirably the last few years in Tests under pressure. Tendulkar...oh well, what's the point.:@

Hamilton B

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Let me tell you that Indian players carry lot of hype and never to be compared with other Country players. I am talking of IND cricketers and I am more terming useless bcoz you cant get all three people in a same team and surprise that they could not win the cup
Correction: Those 3 got India to a World Cup final. The bowlers screwed it up.

Try again.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Their performances are more than good enough to back then up as being quality ODI players. You can whinge and moan all you like about them not performing under pressure, but how is playing for your country - especially a country such as India - against quality opposition in any circumstance anything BUT pressure?

Tendulkar and Ganguly carried India to the final in the 2003 WC by performing under the pressure and expectation of the situation from the group stages, to the Super 6 and ultimately to the semi final - before the bowlers bowled absolute tripe against what was quite clearly a better side anyway in the final.