• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Sri Lanka, India, Bangladesh, Bermuda

chalky

International Debutant
Fernando generating some gas here regularly over 90mph.

Never seem him get that much pace before

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dravid is due for a significant innings and Sehwag is biffing successfully atm. Then there's Yuvraj and Dhoni still to come. The target isn't a huge one. It's way too early to be writing off India.

Mr Mxyzptlk

But who is gonna do that against the like of Murali and vaas is the question?
Vaas only has 2 more overs. And Muralitharan only has to bowl 10. The Indian batsmen are good enough against spin to play him sensibly and not allow him too great an impact wicket-wise. The Sri Lankan attack outside of Vaas and Murali generally will give up runs.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Vaas only has 2 more overs. And Muralitharan only has to bowl 10. The Indian batsmen are good enough against spin to play him sensibly and not allow him too great an impact wicket-wise. The Sri Lankan attack outside of Vaas and Murali generally will give up runs.
I dont think that other bowlers will bowl that bad. Fernanado is doing good job, and if murali fails then can back up with jaya.

Good match and clearly SRL have the edge by getting three wickets

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It has been difficult to make runs. We saw that when Lanka batted and now when India is batting. The target may not seem huge on paper but it is a steep task given the current situation, required rate of 5.6 in the game. It is too early to write India off yes but it isn't early to think a massive effort will be required for India to win from here on according to me.

Mr Mxyzptlk

It has been difficult to make runs. We saw that when Lanka batted and now when India is batting. The target may not seem huge on paper but it is a steep task given the current situation, required rate of 5.6 in the game. It is too early to write India off yes but it isn't early to think a massive effort will be required for India to win from here on according to me.
The Indian batting lineup is still good enough to chase this total. The pitch may not be excellent for batting, but runs can be scored. I expect this game will be close.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The Indian batting lineup is still good enough to chase this total. The pitch may not be excellent for batting, but runs can be scored. I expect this game will be close.
Don't see how any one can be so confidently expect the game will be close given three wickets have fallen and run making has been difficult in the game. Any way, you are entitled to your opinion.

Last edited:

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
India has a good chance to win the match, Sehwag is going great guns and, Dravid need to support veeru.

Catch dropped by Sang, was a dificult one though.

My prediction: India will win it in a thriller