• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Sri Lanka, India, Bangladesh, Bermuda

LA ICE-E

State Captain
bangladesh is definetly not as bad as they use to but do have the best chance of going to the second round out of the minnows

pacespinner

Cricket Spectator
Yeah if I could I would increase the number of games that these teams play to qualify. And also have the top four best performing team play with each other more then two times just to make sure the winner deserves it at the end. I would also make the WC champion to play against the lowest ranking team so that the loosers don't retain bad feelings. It's more like giving everyone a chance.
In all seriousness, I think again, the finals will be India Vs. Australia and all over again....Australia takes it home and then donates the trophy to the minnows of cricket for the hell of it. :)

There will be Australia, Pakistan, India, SA, WI and England in the semi finals. :cool:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Out of curiosity - how would you round a six-team knockout to a one-team final? :huh:

Or would you propose a three-way final to add?

pacespinner

Cricket Spectator
Ok these three teams are going to play 16 games in total with each other and who ever has the best rate and runs, is going to advance to the semifinals. The rest of the loosing teams are going to play with each other until the finals are done.

I have a feeling that I will be kicked out of management position pretty quick if I ever did that.:laugh: We I don't know, may be the regular schedule is better than what I had designed. :cool:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
We'll be giving that-'un the Greigy when India pile-up 390-4 for sure...

(Note: the above was not a prediction on my part, just a suggestion of a possibility)

bdcricmad

Cricket Spectator
Bangladesh is going through. The question is who are to follow exit then? India/Sri Lanka? Who you like? Tell that & Bangladesh is gonna set that as well

nate-d

Cricket Spectator
Bangladesh have got monkies chance to get through, just because they winning some games against zimbabwe, now one of the most crappiest teams on the planet, thanks to the political disaster. India & SL are 100% favourites.

pacespinner

Cricket Spectator
Oh please, Bangladesh be real, they cannot beat India... The only countries that can beat India are as follows:

Australia (Providing Ponting is in the crease),
SA (Provided Ntini continues his bowling),
WI (Provided Lara stays in the crease),
Pakistan (Provided Younis stays in the crease)
NZ (If there is no ALL OUT FOR 112 runs)
Bangladesh and Zimbabwe (If India forfeits..dont take it personal !!)
I don't want to mention the rest..NO OFFENCE...

Miraz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Oh please, Bangladesh be real, they cannot beat India... The only countries that can beat India are as follows:

Oh!! really.........

What happened to India when they met Bangladesh last time 8-)

1 BD 229/9 50 50 - Won 2nd ODI v Ind in BD 2004/05 at Dhaka (d/n)
2 Ind 214 47.5 50 230 Lost

Bangladesh has improved their game consistently since then. See u mate on 17th March at the Caribbean where India has much worse record than sub-continent.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Oh!! really.........

What happened to India when they met Bangladesh last time 8-)

1 BD 229/9 50 50 - Won 2nd ODI v Ind in BD 2004/05 at Dhaka (d/n)
2 Ind 214 47.5 50 230 Lost

Bangladesh has improved their game consistently since then. See u mate on 17th March at the Caribbean where India has much worse record than sub-continent.
That wasn't the last time India played Bangladesh - this was.

pacespinner

Cricket Spectator
Dasa I am speechless, may be Miraz would like to say few words...do u miraz?...

By the way how many times has Bangladesh won against India? Don't get me wrong coz I also play for Bangli team, "Bangla Patriots," so got nothin against them...Just that, they are not well equipped and experienced.

shortpitched713

International Captain

Selling SL a bit short, especially considering they beat India not so long ago.

Miraz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
That wasn't the last time India played Bangladesh - this was.
C'mon man!! don't take words too literally. Both the matches are from the same series and that's the last time India played against Bangladesh.

Let's see what happens on 17th March. :)

pacespinner

Cricket Spectator
:) Oh my friend, you don't have to wait until 17th March, let me tell you the result right now. India win a WHITE WASH...or BROWN WASH, whateva...Anyways,Bangldesh is not as strong as teams like SA or Aust. I hope it was, but it isn't let's face the truth.
I won't doubt that one day, Bangla will become the world campion, but not now, it is not time yet. If only Habibul could stay back in crease.:)

bdcricmad

Cricket Spectator

Mate, I think you forgot cricket is a glorious game of uncertainity and the team that you are talking about is beaten by Kenya and Bangladesh as well.