Page 3 of 92 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Group B - Sri Lanka, India, Bangladesh, Bermuda

Why not??? U have seen at times, openers fall and the rest fal after them. I am pretty sure, if Bangladeshi's hold their batting line up, they will give a good fight. They atleast have some experience beating Australia, don't they???

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pacespinner View Post
    Why not??? U have seen at times, openers fall and the rest fal after them. I am pretty sure, if Bangladeshi's hold their batting line up, they will give a good fight. They atleast have some experience beating Australia, don't they???
    Fluke meet pacespinner, pacespinner meet fluke.

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    TBH I feel Bangladesh could beat India and I know alot of people will disagree but the Banglas don't have a bad one day team and with batting like Shahriar Nafees,Aftab Ahmed,Habibal Bashar and Mohammed Ashraful and bowling including Mashrafe Mortaza there's every chance of a shock knowing India's inconsistency.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Those beacons of brilliance that are Aftab, Habibul and Ashraful... who wouldn't be able to use discretion if it slapped them in the face...
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Those beacons of brilliance that are Aftab, Habibul and Ashraful... who wouldn't be able to use discretion if it slapped them in the face...
    They might not be really good batsmen yet but they can cause damage when in form but Shahriar Nafees will surprise a few people at the WC.He looks a decent player.Oh yeah and Richard no need to disregard the Bangladesh batsmen just because in your opinion probably they aren't up to the standard of international cricket.I never called them "brilliant" either so don't quote things I never said.

I was exaggerating when I said "beacons of brilliance" - I wasn't trying to accuse you of saying such a thing.

Shahriar Nafees Ahmed is indeed an excellent player, but the other three are as likely to make any big difference in the Cup as Liam Plunkett or Ian Blackwell.

I was exaggerating when I said "beacons of brilliance" - I wasn't trying to accuse you of saying such a thing.

Shahriar Nafees Ahmed is indeed an excellent player, but the other three are as likely to make any big difference in the Cup as Liam Plunkett or Ian Blackwell.
    Wouldn't rule Ashraful out of an unbelivable innings and then giving his wicket away when looking in good touch.He must be a coach's nightmare.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pup Clarke View Post
    TBH I feel Bangladesh could beat India and I know alot of people will disagree but the Banglas don't have a bad one day team and with batting like Shahriar Nafees,Aftab Ahmed,Habibal Bashar and Mohammed Ashraful and bowling including Mashrafe Mortaza there's every chance of a shock knowing India's inconsistency.
    Well, PC, there is every chance of beating India or Srilanka. The only problem is quality match preparation. Playing India or Srilanka will be a level change for Bangladesh who are playing Zim/kenya for ages.

Bangladesh cricket is changing, within years beating India or Srilanka will not be considered as shock or upset.
    I am with Bangladesh, whether they win or lose .

It will, eh?

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    It will, eh?
    And definitely England.

See u then. Cheers.

Ok I predict, Bangladesh beats India and moves into semi-finals against, Pakistan, WI, Aus and SA.

bangladesh is definetly not as bad as they use to but do have the best chance of going to the second round out of the minnows

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pacespinner View Post
    Ok I predict, Bangladesh beats India and moves into semi-finals against, Pakistan, WI, Aus and SA.
    5 teams in the semi finals - is this a new way of making cash, the super-super Fives?
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Yeah if I could I would increase the number of games that these teams play to qualify. And also have the top four best performing team play with each other more then two times just to make sure the winner deserves it at the end. I would also make the WC champion to play against the lowest ranking team so that the loosers don't retain bad feelings. It's more like giving everyone a chance.
    In all seriousness, I think again, the finals will be India Vs. Australia and all over again....Australia takes it home and then donates the trophy to the minnows of cricket for the hell of it.

There will be Australia, Pakistan, India, SA, WI and England in the semi finals.

Out of curiosity - how would you round a six-team knockout to a one-team final?

Or would you propose a three-way final to add?

Page 3 of 92 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread Information