• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Sri Lanka, India, Bangladesh, Bermuda

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
DanielFullard said:
I think Bangladesh could push one of the two favourites close and possibly cause an upset.
Bang could upset SL , especially if they win the toss and bat first and SL are still pre occupied with the Duke 2006 ball as Moody seems to be !!:laugh:

krishnavamshi24

Cricket Spectator
Team india

India would kinda good at this grp matches but one thing the pace attack needs to come back into its own otherwise victory aint guaranteed

winneer123

Cricket Spectator
anil is need ed in the indian team
pace is definatly bad
krishnavamshi24 said:
India would kinda good at this grp matches but one thing the pace attack needs to come back into its own otherwise victory aint guaranteed

LA ICE-E

State Captain
it would be great if bangladesh has its one of their few and rare good days against either india or sri lanka and win then it would have to win against bermuda then they might actually go to the next round if the top team has 3 wins...so this group is actually going to be competive(well its all up to bangladesh to make things interesting)...i dont think bermuda has any chance since they dont have any match winners like their persident/governor or whatever said

Last edited:

Evermind

International Debutant
My prediction:

SL
India
Bang
Berm

I fully expect SL to beat India and Bang to give them a very hard time.

pacespinner

Cricket Spectator
I would say India and Sri Lanka and from there India.Coz i feel there is a lot of pressure on Indian team as compared to anyother. There is load full of criticism that they have to answer.However, I would like to see Bangladesh and Srilanka advance.
May be Bangladesh for the finals against Pakistan or Australia.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
lol^ Bangladesh in the final? we bangladeshi fans can't dream of that. we could only hope they make it to the next round

pacespinner

Cricket Spectator
Why not??? U have seen at times, openers fall and the rest fal after them. I am pretty sure, if Bangladeshi's hold their batting line up, they will give a good fight. They atleast have some experience beating Australia, don't they???

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Why not??? U have seen at times, openers fall and the rest fal after them. I am pretty sure, if Bangladeshi's hold their batting line up, they will give a good fight. They atleast have some experience beating Australia, don't they???
Fluke meet pacespinner, pacespinner meet fluke.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
TBH I feel Bangladesh could beat India and I know alot of people will disagree but the Banglas don't have a bad one day team and with batting like Shahriar Nafees,Aftab Ahmed,Habibal Bashar and Mohammed Ashraful and bowling including Mashrafe Mortaza there's every chance of a shock knowing India's inconsistency.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Those beacons of brilliance that are Aftab, Habibul and Ashraful... who wouldn't be able to use discretion if it slapped them in the face...

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Those beacons of brilliance that are Aftab, Habibul and Ashraful... who wouldn't be able to use discretion if it slapped them in the face...
They might not be really good batsmen yet but they can cause damage when in form but Shahriar Nafees will surprise a few people at the WC.He looks a decent player.Oh yeah and Richard no need to disregard the Bangladesh batsmen just because in your opinion probably they aren't up to the standard of international cricket.I never called them "brilliant" either so don't quote things I never said.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I was exaggerating when I said "beacons of brilliance" - I wasn't trying to accuse you of saying such a thing.

Shahriar Nafees Ahmed is indeed an excellent player, but the other three are as likely to make any big difference in the Cup as Liam Plunkett or Ian Blackwell.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I was exaggerating when I said "beacons of brilliance" - I wasn't trying to accuse you of saying such a thing.

Shahriar Nafees Ahmed is indeed an excellent player, but the other three are as likely to make any big difference in the Cup as Liam Plunkett or Ian Blackwell.
Wouldn't rule Ashraful out of an unbelivable innings and then giving his wicket away when looking in good touch.He must be a coach's nightmare.

Miraz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
TBH I feel Bangladesh could beat India and I know alot of people will disagree but the Banglas don't have a bad one day team and with batting like Shahriar Nafees,Aftab Ahmed,Habibal Bashar and Mohammed Ashraful and bowling including Mashrafe Mortaza there's every chance of a shock knowing India's inconsistency.
Well, PC, there is every chance of beating India or Srilanka. The only problem is quality match preparation. Playing India or Srilanka will be a level change for Bangladesh who are playing Zim/kenya for ages.

Bangladesh cricket is changing, within years beating India or Srilanka will not be considered as shock or upset.