• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Sri Lanka, India, Bangladesh, Bermuda

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, Bangladesh winning has gone from a vague possibility to a realistic thing, IMO. Easily the best seam bowling I've seen from Bangladesh in any match, and with the two spinners they have, if there's any turn in the pitch they could easily restrict India to 250 odd with a good start, which is chasable. Not sure what the new 5th bowler option they have is like, but this is a serious match now.

As I type, Mortaza has another one.
Saqibul is a pretty good bowler. I've only seen little snippits of him, and one game against Zimbabwe, but he's very accurate and has a very good arm ball. I wouldn't expect him to take a bag of wickets or anything, but he's as good as any other fifth bowling option going around for other sides IMO - he'll be hard to get away.

Majin

International Debutant
This start hasn't been good for my heart. However, loving the bowling from the Deshi's.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Saqibul is a pretty good bowler. I've only seen little snippits of him, and one game against Zimbabwe, but he's very accurate and has a very good arm ball. I wouldn't expect him to take a bag of wickets or anything, but he's as good as any other fifth bowling option going around for other sides IMO - he'll be hard to get away.
Thought he was a medium pacer for some reason. 3 left arm spinners for Bangladesh seems like a bit of overkill.

Anyway, Bangladesh still paying $4.50 for the win, from 9-10 at the start of the game. I'd get on it now before it drops.

pup11

International Coach
In tough batting conditions why is a batsman with as good a batting technique like Dravid hiding himself at #5?

pup11

International Coach
I agree in the middle overs Bangladeshi spinners would tighten the screws and run scoring won't be easy and they also have another fast bowler S.Hossain up there sleeve and he can also generate some decent heat too.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Thought he was a medium pacer for some reason. 3 left arm spinners for Bangladesh seems like a bit of overkill.

Anyway, Bangladesh still paying $4.50 for the win, from 9-10 at the start of the game. I'd get on it now before it drops.
He was incorrectly listed as LM on cricinfo for a while so that'll be why you thought that.

And yeah, it is a bit of an overkill - but not as much as when they played Mehrab as well and made it four. :p

The only problem with Saqibul is that the fact he bowls spin as well means that Razzak (and often Rafique as well) has to bowl some of his overs inside the powerplays. I'd bowl Rasel straight through his ten as long as he didn't get taken to.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I agree in the middle overs Bangladeshi spinners would tighten the screws and run scoring won't be easy and they also have another fast bowler S.Hossain up there sleeve and he can also generate some decent heat too.
Hossain isn't playing as far as I'm aware...

pup11

International Coach
Oh... ok i didn't knew Hossain wasn't playing but anyways Ganguly playing some very rash shots atm.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Mortaza and Rasel have really bowled superbly and given the batsmen nothing.The fascinating part will be when the spinners are introduced and how the Indian batsmen play them.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Does Aftab often get used at the death, then? If Rasel bowls through, there's only spinners to partner Mortaza at the end, otherwise.

pup11

International Coach
The 5th bowling option for Bangladesh could be Aftab Ahmed.

How many more chances are going to given to Sehwag?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Does Aftab often get used at the death, then? If Rasel bowls through, there's only spinners to partner Mortaza at the end, otherwise.
I'd bowl Saqibul at the death. Bangladesh have a serious death bowling problem really - I'm sure Rasel would get hammered, but I'm equally sure Aftab would and I have no confidence in their spinners doing it.

pup11

International Coach
Experience of almost 25000 runs and 650 games out there in the middle for India in form of Ganguly and Tendulkar, so they need to pull things back for India.

Mortaza bowling a prolonged spell here, because of the lack of the 3rd seamer.

Majin

International Debutant
India looking a lot more settled now, which is good. Hopefully they can start getting things ticking over and then turn it up a notch.