• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Sri Lanka, India, Bangladesh, Bermuda

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Haven't seen much of Saqibul Hasan yet. Has a pretty amazing record in his ODIs so far, and he's listed to bat quite high up for a guy who is apparently primarily a bowler.

Haven't seen anything of the new opener either.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Can't believe the pace Mortaza is clocking. Broken 140 a few times. He's really added quite a bit in the last year or so.

edit: his third over was seriously fantastic. Really matured.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Can't believe the pace Mortaza is clocking. Broken 140 a few times. He's really added quite a bit in the last year or so.
Yeah, I haven't paid much attention to the speed gun so far but he's quite noticably quicker.

And as I type this, the speeds for this over flash up - every one above 140km/h. Very good stuff.

pup11

International Coach
Someone like a Sehwag or Uthappa certainly don't have the technique to see off the new ball so what are they doing in the top 3.

P.S: Mortaza is certainly looking fast and furious.

pup11

International Coach
Oh... Uthappa was plumb lbw there how he was not given out there i can't really understand that.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This new ball period is so crucial.. India aren't going to get any free runs in the middle overs with the gun choke-spin attack Bangladesh have, so if Rasel and Mortaza can keep this up for the first 15 overs, India could well be in trouble.

pup11

International Coach
The pressure is starting to get to the Indians now, Ganguly looking pretty restless out there.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
This new ball period is so crucial.. India aren't going to get any free runs in the middle overs with the gun choke-spin attack Bangladesh have, so if Rasel and Mortaza can keep this up for the first 15 overs, India could well be in trouble.
Yeah, Bangladesh winning has gone from a vague possibility to a realistic thing, IMO. Easily the best seam bowling I've seen from Bangladesh in any match, and with the two spinners they have, if there's any turn in the pitch they could easily restrict India to 250 odd with a good start, which is chasable. Not sure what the new 5th bowler option they have is like, but this is a serious match now.

As I type, Mortaza has another one.