• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - Australia, South Africa, Scotland, Holland

James

Cricket Web Owner
For discussion around Group A which consists of Australia, South Africa, Scotland and Holland.

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
If this is the bowling attack that Hohn's puts out

South Africa and Hamelton/Blain to go through!

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Hamilton and Blain's time has gone.

The keys to Scotland's success now are Watson, Wright and Dougie Brown.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neither Hamilton or Blain are yet 30 IIRR...
Hamilton isn't the player he once was (obviously, otherwise he'd still be at Yorks...) but he's still got the talent IMO.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
Neither Hamilton or Blain are yet 30 IIRR...
Hamilton isn't the player he once was (obviously, otherwise he'd still be at Yorks...) but he's still got the talent IMO.
They are still young and do still have talent, but they aren't the heart of the team who are our only hopes any more.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
In the 2005 ICC Trophy, Hamilton batted 5, 6 and 7 for the most part and averaged less than 23. Not what I'd call integral. Blain was more so. I admit I was wrong to bracket Blain with Hamilton.

DanielFullard

U19 Vice-Captain
Do all teams in the group play each other? I know in some sports the top two seeds dont meet but I ssume they all play each other here right?

If so then Aus v SA is something to look forward to and I like watching the "lesser" teams compete so Scotland v Holland will be a nice game to watch

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah. Each team plays the other 3 once.

Looking forwards to 1,000 runs inan ODI being broken in Aus vs. SA :laugh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'd think it more likely in Pakistan vs Ireland, TBH.
With Pakistan doing most of the scoring, of course.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Richard said:
I'd think it more likely in Pakistan vs Ireland, TBH.
With Pakistan doing most of the scoring, of course.
I don't know. The thought of Saf and Aus vs Hol and Sco does bode well for some horrifically huge scores.

DanielFullard

U19 Vice-Captain
sirjeremy11 said:
I don't know. The thought of Saf and Aus vs Hol and Sco does bode well for some horrifically huge scores.
It all depends on the toss doesnt it. If Aus bat first against Scotland you could see them racking up a huge total but if Scotland bat first Aussies wont have chance to get a huge score

Speaking of Scotland I am seeing them play in a few weeks time when they take on Durham in a pre-season friendly at the Riverside.

Ill probably make a thread about the team in here once Ive seen the match

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
DanielFullard said:
It all depends on the toss doesnt it. If Aus bat first against Scotland you could see them racking up a huge total but if Scotland bat first Aussies wont have chance to get a huge score

Speaking of Scotland I am seeing them play in a few weeks time when they take on Durham in a pre-season friendly at the Riverside.

Ill probably make a thread about the team in here once Ive seen the match
There are four matches Aus v Sco, Aus v Hol, SA vs Sco, SA vs Hol. You would expect that in at least one, SA or Aus will bat first. Four bites of the cherry my friend.

DanielFullard

U19 Vice-Captain
sirjeremy11 said:
There are four matches Aus v Sco, Aus v Hol, SA vs Sco, SA vs Hol. You would expect that in at least one, SA or Aus will bat first. Four bites of the cherry my friend.
Indeed I was just using an example

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
sirjeremy11 said:
Hopefully all teams will conspire to negate the possibility.
Four 10-wicket wins will do me nicely.