• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - Australia, South Africa, Scotland, Holland

pacespinner

Cricket Spectator
Scotland could win the game, provided Ponting does not play the game. I still doubt that Scots can even stay alive all the overs. I think the score's gonna be something like:

Scots- 135 all out with high score of 27
Australia 138 one out with high score of 85

what you all think?:cool:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scotland could win the game, provided Ponting does not play the game. I still doubt that Scots can even stay alive all the overs. I think the score's gonna be something like:

Scots- 135 all out with high score of 27
Australia 138 one out with high score of 85

what you all think?:cool:
Maybe if Ponting, Gilchrist, McGrath, Bracken, Symonds, Clarke, Lee, Hogg and Watson all miss the game Scotland might take the game to 80 overs...

Last edited:

Evermind

International Debutant
You see, this is where the media really misrepresents what the person has said. The dishonesty is pretty shameful.

If you look only at the QUOTES, he is saying:

"If we can take early wickets, which I'm sure we can with the way we've been bowling, we might set a few nerves jangling and cause the likes of Australia and South Africa a few problems," Drinnen said.

"Teams are going out and giving it the gun really early in their innings and setting targets of 300. But you run the risk of losing early wickets".

"In the one-day game anything can happen and if we get it together we are going to be very dangerous even against Australia. We have a game plan and hopefully we can stick to it".

"We don't fear anyone at this World Cup - the last month's fixtures in one-day cricket all over the world have been interesting to say the least and we won't be losing any sleep over playing the world champions", he said."

All he's saying is that they could prove a handful for Australia. Nowhere does he "taunt" them or say Scotland are gonna beat Australia. He just did his job here, saying that they'll be competitive and come out fighting - that's what's expected of him, isn't it? What's he supposed to say, "Come Australia, we've got no hope, we're scared of you - 2 free points for you"?

All he said is that he can cause Aus a "few problems" how the dishonest journalist translated that into "Scotland ....can challenge and even beat the two-time defending champions when the teams meet in St Kitts on March 14" is beyond me.

Take these sports journalists with a grain of salt, please.

Steulen

International Regular
Haha...great stuff from Alexei Kervezee here.

If it's that simple to qualify for round 2, by all means, go ahead.
Although I must say it's the only acceptable frame of mind. If you go in expecting to be crushed, what's the use? And he does have a point that the Aussie seamers are the ones to target, as they haven't exactly shone lately :)

Corli

U19 Cricketer
He certainly is nothing if not positive. 'All' the team have to do is to beat one of the two best teams in the world...I hope they do well, within reason.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
He certainly is nothing if not positive. 'All' the team have to do is to beat one of the two best teams in the world...I hope they do well, within reason.
They have to beat Scotland too (and I don't think they'll even do that!)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
One or both finalists may come from this group, so Aus v SA could be a Practice Final.

pup11

International Coach
Aussies have a new sponsor "FLY EMIRATES" so is this only for the world cup or have Cricket Australia called of their sponsorship deal with TRAVELEX.