• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Indies Thread

Salamuddin

International Debutant
I don't think the West Indies were ever really as good as some people made them out to be.

I mean they're ranked pretty low for a reason and that's beacuse they're a very blow hot blow cold side with blowing cold being more like the norm.

They were reasonably impressive in the CT 2006, but were well beaten by Australia and Sri Lanka. THey were well beaten on tours to Pakistan and India ....even at home, they scraped a win over India last year and were hammered by RSA and Pakistan the year before.
And yet they were talked up as potential title winners......their current predicament doesn't surprise me in the slightest, beacuse I think their two decent performances in CT 2004 and CT 2006 gave them and others who backed them a false impression of their strength.
WI didn't look behind those results to see that they were still well off the pace off the top teams.

THE CT by itself is not a great gauge of how good a team is beacuse it is a knockout tourney......