Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: West Indies Thread

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinnaInATurban View Post
    Incorrect.
    Lies, I would rate Chandperaul and Sarwan miles ahead of Jayawardene and Sangakarra as ODI batsman. Jayawardene really is a poor quality batsman in ODI's, while Sangakarra is good, but nothing special. Chanderpaul has had a lot of sucess at opening recently, while Sarwan is one of the best ODI players going around (on reputation, not form) at the current point in time.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

International Regular shortpitched713's Avatar
    Sangakarra is a very good ODI batsman. He may not be showing it thus far, but then again neither has Sarwan. I'd easily rate him alongside Chanders and Sarwan.
    Proud 2nd member of GM-OLAS
    Honorary Assistant Vice-President and Inquisitor General of T2IBS (Twenty-20 is Boring Society)

Fraz highlights the defining aspect of Shoaib's legacy:
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    Those humanitarian works etc ?
    Quote Originally Posted by andruid View Post
    I feel Tendulkar's association with the money minting exploitation of cricket fandom by certain varying commercial interests tarnishes his greatness a tad.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinnaInATurban View Post
    Incorrect.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shortpitched713 View Post
    Sangakarra is a very good ODI batsman. He may not be showing it thus far, but then again neither has Sarwan. I'd easily rate him alongside Chanders and Sarwan.
    I wouldn't call him a very good ODI batsman, just a good one IMO. He hasn't been getting the big scores in this tournament, despite looking very good at the crease while Sarwan has been the opposite, looking very forced when batting and struggling to get any rhythm going. I would still rate Sarwan ahead of both Chanderpaul and Sangakarra at the moment, despite him being in some poor form.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Sarwan should bat at 5, with Lara at 3. Sarwan is at his best when he's forced to bat in the middle overs. He used to be one of the best closers in the game, if not the best.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

International Debutant Salamuddin's Avatar
    I don't think the West Indies were ever really as good as some people made them out to be.

I mean they're ranked pretty low for a reason and that's beacuse they're a very blow hot blow cold side with blowing cold being more like the norm.

They were reasonably impressive in the CT 2006, but were well beaten by Australia and Sri Lanka. THey were well beaten on tours to Pakistan and India ....even at home, they scraped a win over India last year and were hammered by RSA and Pakistan the year before.
    And yet they were talked up as potential title winners......their current predicament doesn't surprise me in the slightest, beacuse I think their two decent performances in CT 2004 and CT 2006 gave them and others who backed them a false impression of their strength.
    WI didn't look behind those results to see that they were still well off the pace off the top teams.

THE CT by itself is not a great gauge of how good a team is beacuse it is a knockout tourney......
    Zinedine Zidane is the greatest footballer ever !

Richard Dickinson - you little beauty !!!!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread Information