• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Netherlands Thread

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
likely Squad:

van Bunge
de Leede
Adeel Raja OR K Hussain(im hoping Raja)
Kervezee
van Troost (C)
Smits (as keeper...)
Buurman (backup keeper)
Zuiderent
de Grooth
Seelaar
Reekers
Schiferli
Stelling
Ten Doeschate

and whatmore dunno, we'll see by then.
pretty even squad, the batting department definetely got better, bowling has gone a tad worse if you ask me.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Smits to be labelled "best 'keeper in competition" again?
(It was Ian Healy last time)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Very, very debatable IMO, the two teams are positively the Warne and Murali of Associate Nations (not counting Kenya).

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I've heard that this young leggie, Weber I think his name is, will be pushing for a spot, care to fill us in on him, Taz ;)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You can see it now:
15-YEAR-OLD DUTCH WRISTSPINNER TAKES WORLD CUP BY STORM
(Or will young Weber be 16 by the time of the tournament?)

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Richard said:
You can see it now:
15-YEAR-OLD DUTCH WRISTSPINNER TAKES WORLD CUP BY STORM
(Or will young Weber be 16 by the time of the tournament?)
Young Weber is 17 at the moment, I think. ;)

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Weber will be erm...17 by then yes.
Kervezee will be 16 at that WC, now thats young !
this WC i'll pass, Seelaar is faaaaar infront of me, and so are quite a few of other spinners haha.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Joycye wont be playing for Ireland, he will make himself uneligable for england for the next 5 years is he does

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
can''t wind me up about how crap holland is. they are REALLY crap. our only hope is Kervezee really. mark my words he'll play county cricket in less then 3 years.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I thought van Bunge had a bit to offer - with the bat, not his wristspin.
De Leede (is he still around?) looked a cut above the rest, too.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Van Bunge has a bit to offer. we might see him back in england( scored most MCC YC runs in MCC history) but county's seem not to want him. Middlesex offerd him his chance and he didnt make it.
De Leede is still around (coaching little tazzy here)
He is a cut above the rest, a really good cricketer, the only reason he never played county cricket is because he was soo in love with his gf(now wife) that he got homesick all the time...now has a huge family haha.
i mean how many cricketers still are in the top 5 of batting and bowling when they are nearing 40's !
oke it is dutch club cricket, but it is close to Australian 1st grade cricket, if not equal.

de Leede's 2005 stats
4 Leede de T B M V.C.C. 18 18 3 772 118 51,47
1 Leede de T B M V.C.C. 139 24 351 14,63 2,522
(topping the bowling avg wise)

Last edited:

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
and Kervezee being 15 ; Debut hoofdklasse season
12 Kervezee A N H.B.S. 17 17 3 580 72 41,43
thats pretty damn good if you ask me!!!

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Kweek said:
the only reason he never played county cricket is because he was soo in love with his gf(now wife) that he got homesick all the time
Awww. Bless his little cotton socks. 8-)

And I doubt Dutch club cricket is even close to Australian First Grade.