• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Netherlands Thread

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
steds said:
Awww. Bless his little cotton socks. 8-)

And I doubt Dutch club cricket is even close to Australian First Grade.
explain me why ********s of Auzzie grade cricketers fail to make any impact ?
leave alone average new zealand county cricketers...

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
can you explain my last post then?
i know from dutch players that english top division are also equal to dutch club crickey(1st div ofcourse!)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
If you ask Australian Grade Cricketers that play in Holland, they will say it is of the level of 2nd Grade Cricket in Australia. It all depends on your preception and which comp you take more seriously. Most grade cricketers go to Holland for a holiday and to play some cricket on the side. Cus they know that their performances wont mean much back home.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
some use it to get back into form after a injury.
some use it to stay inform.
but you can't tell me they wont try to make as many runs as possible!
or wickets for the matter.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Kweek said:
can you explain my last post then?
i know from dutch players that english top division are also equal to dutch club crickey(1st div ofcourse!)
English top division?

What exactly is that?

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
arg! I damn well know how your premier divs work dont worry. your top leagues (lancasite n all )
and Hoofdklasse is equal to those top divs.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yes, but that is a level well well below Aussie first grade.

For a start young county players play in it, but when they go over to Aus for wintering, they have a real battle to get in.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Kweek said:
arg! I damn well know how your premier divs work dont worry. your top leagues (lancasite n all )
and Hoofdklasse is equal to those top divs.
That explains why the England club side always beats Holland at the EC, right?

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Samuel_Vimes said:
That explains why the England club side always beats Holland at the EC, right?
not always ooi! and thats not a clubside, those guys are the best of the top clubs. dont forget that ! before they were just a bunch of guys scrapped togheter, and we beaten them, then they started going serious, and really selecting people.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Holland In south Africa, warm up's before the Kenya 'A' match and intercontinential cup

Titans 128 a.o.
E.Schiferli 2/25/10
D.Reekers 3/12/10
P.Seelaar 4/45/10
J.Smits 3 catches

Nederland 129/5
D.Reekers 22
D.van Bunge 25
L.van Troost 43*
A. Kervezee 21*

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Kweek said:
Holland In south Africa, warm up's before the Kenya 'A' match and intercontinential cup

Titans 128 a.o.
E.Schiferli 2/25/10
D.Reekers 3/12/10
P.Seelaar 4/45/10
J.Smits 3 catches

Nederland 129/5
D.Reekers 22
D.van Bunge 25
L.van Troost 43*
A. Kervezee 21*
OMG! Reekers is in the Holland team! LOL!

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
University of Pretoria 124 all out (39.4 overs)
(Schiferli 6-0-18-1, Stelling 6-0-27-1, Grandia 5-0-18-1, ten Doeschate 5-1-10-2, Seelaar 9-0-18-1, de Leede 5-0-18-2, Kashif 3.4-0-13-1)

Nederland 125-5 (40.2 overs) (Zuiderent 33, Kervezee 32 no, Stelling 33 no)
Nederland wint met 5 wickets.

Kervezee!!!!

pasag

RTDAS
Scotland > Netherlands. :p
Anyways.

Dug this because apparently van Bunge retired from international cricket because of financial reasons as outlined in this cricinfo article and also here, which as it says is pretty sad seeing as he's only 24 and had a bright future ahead of him especially after the start with the Young Cricketers record and all. Anyways the article hints that the retirement might not be permanent so there is hope that the situation will sort itself out.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyways.

Dug this because apparently van Bunge retired from international cricket because of financial reasons as outlined in this cricinfo article and also here, which as it says is pretty sad seeing as he's only 24 and had a bright future ahead of him especially after the start with the Young Cricketers record and all. Anyways the article hints that the retirement might not be permanent so there is hope that the situation will sort itself out.
Surely it's time for the ICC to step in and set up some sort of initiatives if talented young players like van Bunge are being forced to retire. I realise that these guys aren't going to be full-time professional cricketers but some sort of compensation or payment from the ICC would be nice.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
to give you an idea

Zimbabwe gets 10milion by the ICC and they get to do with it whatever they want

Holland/Scotland/Ireland etc. get 250.000 US Dollars of which 125.000 the ICC keeps for coaching and other purposes
the other 125.000 is given to the Netherlands and even for that amount of money they have to tell what they precisly do with it!
to give you an idea Zimbabwe has about 30 playing days this year...Ireland about 45!