• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Thread

shortpitched713

International Captain
I'd say he would be a bit better than Razzaq with the ball, although we haven't had much of an opportunity to see what he can do since his comeback. I would be extremely surprised if he plays the first World Cup match, and wouldn't be particularly surprised if he doesn't make the final squad of 15.

Evermind

International Debutant
I'd be very surprised if Pakistan win the cup. They are very poor under pressure, like India. The only subcontinent team which can withstand pressure is SL.

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
And the biggest point u missed out and which is why i think pak cant win the world cup is they need to know how to play under pressure, they cant win without it. Thats the only thing which counts, teams can be really talented but if they dont know how to perform when it really counts, then u will most likely lose ur track very early.
When it comes to pressure they are waaaaaaaay better than India, who simply can't face pressure situation atall.

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
I'd be very surprised if Pakistan win the cup. They are very poor under pressure, like India. The only subcontinent team which can withstand pressure is SL.
Define pressure ?? Can anyone tell me as to why Pak were under pressure in 1st and 4th OD against SA but not under pressure in the second ODI ??

Pak performance fluctuates greatly from matches to matches, no one exactly knows the reasons for it, some ppl here are of the opinion that pressure has something to do with it.I'm of the opinion that to some extent one of the reason for poor performance of Pakistan team in recent matches has been cause of un-inspiring and unimaginative captaincy of Inzamam.

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
Here's my team

Butt
Malik
Younis
Yousuf
Inzi (captain)
Razzak
Afridi
Akmal
Rehman
Gul
Asif

--Nazir
--AZhar Mahmood
--Naveed or Anjum
--Akhtar (injured)

Akhtar, though injured, should be risked as he has one month to recover from injury, can play vital role in selected important matches.

Shabbir haven't played cricket in years and shouldn't be considered, either one of Naveed or Anjum be selected, i would like to risk Naveed as at his best he's a much better bowler.

Hafeez should be thrown out, Hameed should be replaced by more promissing Salman Butt.

haroon510

International 12th Man
Define pressure ?? Can anyone tell me as to why Pak were under pressure in 1st and 4th OD against SA but not under pressure in the second ODI ??

Pak performance fluctuates greatly from matches to matches, no one exactly knows the reasons for it, some ppl here are of the opinion that pressure has something to do with it.I'm of the opinion that to some extent one of the reason for poor performance of Pakistan team in recent matches has been cause of un-inspiring and unimaginative captaincy of Inzamam.

i think he meant presure of playing in the final match of world cup. if u remember world cup 99 they faild misserably not only the senior players but also young stars. people thought it was a fixed match but i don't think there was any prove for that. simply they couldn't take the presure of playing in the final match of the world cup.
i think that is what happend with India in 2003 also.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So Abdur\Abdul Razzaq\Razzak could refer to either? :huh:

Man, languages that don't translate exactly are confusing. :confused:

shortpitched713

International Captain
Is it just me, or is the lead in being made by Pakistan for this World Cup the most chaotic ever? Personally I can't think of any off of the top of my head that was more shambolic, but maybe someone with a longer memory can. Out of all the elite eight teams, Pakistan's World Cup campaing has got to be the most likely to crash and burn.

haroon510

International 12th Man
the inclusion of kuneria is a bad move i think. they guy has a bad one day record. i don't think he would a wining factor ever in one day matches. instead i would say they should have given rahaman chance. the guy started his career good but one bad match caused his position in the team. i think not a fair move from pcb.

yasir hameed and azhar mahamood are other once. what if they perform good in the next the match against South Africa. it won't change the mind of selection and won't get them in the team. just damn selection. i think azhar should have been in the team over anjum. i perfer him in there over anjum any day.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
My Pakistan X1 for WC (for opening game)

Imran Nazir
Mohammed Hafeez
Younis Khan
Mohammed Yousuf
Inzamam-ul-Haq
Shoaib Malik
Abdul Razzaq
Kamran Akmal
Shoaib Akthar
Umar Gul
Mohammed Asif

Beleg

International Regular
Pakistan missed a trick by not choosing Azhar Mahmood, IMO. I can't really see Kaneria being successful on the WI pitches. I wouldn't have choosen Nazir in front of Hameed either, but IIRC, Nazir made a bristling hundred during the 00 tour to WI so that might have tipped the scales in his favour.