• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Okay, so who's gonna win?

Who'll take the World Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pretty self-explanatory, really.

'Tis a public poll, so we'll be able to see the idiots who go for Zimbabwe or Kenya.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia for me...another heartbreaking semi-final loss for NZ.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
_Ed_ said:
Australia for me...another heartbreaking semi-final loss for NZ.
Can you really see NZ making the semis at this stage...
If it were to be held tomorrow I'd say it'd most likely be South Africa, Pakistan, Australia and one of India, Sri Lanka and New Zealand, with New Zealand least likely.

_Ed_

Richard said:
Might just be bias, but yes. They are ranked four in the world and this, fitness permitting, will be the strongest team NZ have had in a World Cup since 1992.

We'll choke again under the pressure towards the end of the tournament, but I do believe we'll play very well until then.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Richard said:
If it were to be held tomorrow I'd say it'd most likely be South Africa, Pakistan, Australia and one of India, Sri Lanka and New Zealand, with New Zealand least likely.
You rate NZ below SL at the moment?

benchmark00

Richard said:
Do you watch cricket?

Or go outdoors for that matter?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
_Ed_ said:
Might just be bias, but yes. They are ranked four in the world and this, fitness permitting, will be the strongest team NZ have had in a World Cup since 1992.

We'll choke again under the pressure towards the end of the tournament, but I do believe we'll play very well until then.
IMO nowhere near as strong as 1999.
Vincent - glorified slogger
Fleming - middle-order player not opener
Astle - other way around
McMillan - barely in the picture, needs to be
Styris - better than he used to be, obviously, but I still find it hard to understand how he gets the success he does
And the bowling-attack, Vettori apart, is nothing close to 1999 when you guys had Allott, Nash, Cairns, Larsen, Harris.
Have NZ ever looked like replacing Roger Twose?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
BlackCap_Fan said:
You rate NZ below SL at the moment?
I rate SL the stronger side, and certainly the side who's more likely to get it together in time, even if their recent form pre-VBS was woeful.